f o r t y

"I can't stay in your clothes all week." Gerard said, shooting Frank a deadpan glare.

Besides the guitar he'd gotten for his birthday, all of his things were at his house. It'd been a few days since Bert had supposedly moved out. Gerard had called to check and apparently Bert was gone, though neither of them were going to take his words as gospel.

Anyway, Frank didn't want to go back in case it triggered some awful memories for Gerard, or chucked him in to a panic attack, or something worse that he didn't want to think about. He'd only just calmed down after days of staring in to space and tears.

"You could." Frank took a handful of Gerard's jacket, pulling him down so their faces were inches apart. Since their first kiss, he found it extremely hard to keep his hands off of him now he knew he had him for real. Gerard's eyes were like black holes that he kept getting sucked in to –well, much less dangerous than a black hole.

"I won't." He chuckled, receiving a pout in return.

"I'll pick a nice outfit for you." He smirked.

"Would you? Or would I end up wearing nothing?"

Tilting his head down, Frank blushed. "No."

Rolling his eyes, Gerard removed Frank's hands from the collar of his jacket, swinging them by their sides instead. "Are you coming with me?"

"Yup." He popped the 'p' with a grin. "I don't want you to have to go by yourself. Besides," he huffed, "If I stay here, it means I'll have to start applying for colleges, and I don't wanna do that."

"You can't procrastinate for long."

"You're not my teacher anymore." Frank stated. "No more bossing me around."

Raising an eyebrow, Gerard laughed quietly as they made way for the front door. "Did I ever boss you around?"

"Not really," he hummed thoughtfully. "You're such a softie."

-

Gerard had refused to let Frank go upstairs with him, though he didn't exactly know why. He'd been in their room before, so why was it different this time?

"Almost done!" Gerard shouted down the stairs.

"Right!" Frank replied as he mindlessly rummaged around in the fridge. He wouldn't call it snooping, just packing, because he had no decent food back at his place -unless Gerard wanted to live off of pizza for the third day in a row. Frank had asked and he did not. Even though neither of them wanted to, they were going to have to go shopping.

Frank paused for a moment, staring off in to nowhere. Going shopping seemed like such a normal thing to do, yet so weird as they weren't even living together, and they hadn't even established what they were yet. A fling? Just having fun?

Shutting the fridge door, Frank sighed as he turned around, "Hey, Gee-?"

Neither of them had heard the front door being opened, however Bert was still stood in the living room, glaring right at Frank. When had he gotten in? Why was he even here?

"You." He seethed.

"Me?" Frank swallowed the lump in his throat, the can of coke he'd picked up slipped from his hands, rolling across the floor. It was currently the only sound in the room, and Bert's icy stare was making him shiver -not in a good way.

"You're the reason Gerard broke up with me." He growled, clenching his fists. The muscles in his arms made Frank wish he had some right now.

"Uh-me?" Frank stuttered, suddenly feeling two inches tall because Bert was tall. Taller than him or Gerard. He hadn't remembered him being that height, or perhaps it was the fact he was scared shitless.