s e v e n t e e n

There were lots of great features of winter, yet high winds and rain were not appreciated. Especially by Frank, who'd had to battle his way through the streets on his way to school. He wasn't the strongest person, and he was a pretty light weight, so he got flown to the building by the wind. That bit was quite fun, yet annoying, because more than three times he'd almost tripped over.

Additionally, his long hair was a mess, a complete bird's nest by the time he arrived. He tried to flatten it out as he walked to the art department, but it was barely any use.

Gerard couldn't wipe the smirk off his face when he saw Frank's dishevelled state. "Bad weather outside?"

Rolling his eyes, Frank replied with the best of his sarcastic abilities. "It's actually quite sunny. No clouds, no rain. It's great."

Taking pity on the fact Frank was drenched, water dripping off the end of his little pink nose, Gerard helped him out of his coat, which was difficult as the soaking wet material clung to his skin. When they'd finally managed, he draped the coat over the radiator to try and dry it off.

"This sucks." Frank muttered bitterly, wrapping his arms around himself in a feeble attempt to warm up. He only had on a thin t-shirt; obviously when he woke up this morning the radiators had tricked him in to thinking it wasn't freezing.

"Please don't catch hypothermia."

"I'll try not to." He let out a short laugh, teeth clattering together as he couldn't stop shivering.

Gerard paused for a moment, biting his lip as he came up with an idea. Preparing himself for the chilly air, he shrugged off his corduroy jacket. "Here," He wrapped it around a confused Frank's shoulders. "Take my jacket."

"What?" He furrowed his brows. "No." He shook his head, trying to take it off to give it back, but Gerard kept his hands on Frank's shoulders so he couldn't. "I can't take this."

"You're not taking it, you're borrowing it."

"Still." He huffed. "You're going to be cold and I don't want it to be because you're too damn kind to think of yourself for once. Take it back, Gee."

"Listen," He snaked his arms around his waist, resting his chin near the collar of Frank's shirt. "I'm willingly lending you my jacket for you to wear so you don't freeze to death, okay?"

There had been someone speaking, Frank knew that, but he barely registered it because Gerard had rendered him speechless once again with all the physical contact he was gifting him with. Holding his breath, all he could think about were Gerard's arms around his waist. Honestly, it was getting ridiculous, he froze every time they touched, but he couldn't help it.

"Frank?"

Blinking hard, he snapped back to reality. "Yeah?"

"You okay?" Gerard chuckled, eyebrows knitted together with slight worry. He let go and Frank instantly stepped away, turning around to face him with a sheepish smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He bit his lip, shoving his hands in the pockets of Gerard's jacket. "Won't people know this is yours?"

"Unless they've memorized what I wear, I don't think so."

"What if you have a creepy stalker and they have actually memorised what you wear?" He raised his eyebrows.

Rolling his eyes, Gerard raked his fingers through his knotted hair, staring down at his boots. "Then I'll be surprised that someone has taken an interest in me."

Frank's smile slowly faded and he frowned, a wave of pity washing towards him. He felt the urge to hug him and never let go because those words just gave him an insight to how Gerard felt and what his life must be like, and it saddened him. At a loss for words, he reached out to comfort him, but Gerard had a forced smile on his face and carried on as if he'd said nothing.