flirty gee

Exams were approaching faster than anyone would have liked. The first test Frank had was on the 2nd of February, and he so wasn't prepared, although Gerard had been ignoring his own work and was focusing on helping Frank more than he should have been.

Gerard had spent a lot of late nights at school, and even worked when he was at home, which did not bode well for his and Bert's relationship. More than once he'd been beaten, or yelled at because Bert insisted he didn't spend enough time with him, though he'd tried and he'd apologised, but the only consolation he got was from alcohol.

Frank had been falling asleep in classes, and daydreaming -mostly about Gerard, to be honest. More than once he'd been told off for being lazy when in reality he was mainly just exhausted. To be fair, everyone else was too.

On Friday of all days, when Frank tried to use the electric, it wouldn't work. The lights were useless, the fridge and freezer were best kept closed, and even attempting to make toast for breakfast was pointless.

At first, he supposed his parents hadn't paid the electric bill, so he tried to call them, but his phone had stopped charging during the night and was only on 15%.

Because it was a week day, and nothing exciting ever happened in Jersey, he guessed school was still going to be running. He got dressed in the dark, which was not easy, packed his bag in the dark, and had to try and feel his way around the maze of a house they had, which, again, was not easy.

The street lamps weren't working either. The shops were completely vacant and Frank could only hear this relentless buzzing noise. All of the power had gone out in Jersey.

Frank dug out his phone, then decided a good use of his battery would be to text Gerard: what's going on? Obviously there was no immediate reply. On the way to school he kept checking his notifications and he still hadn't answered. Maybe texting you back isn't his top priority, Frank told himself.

Upon arriving at school, he saw no one was there and it felt like he'd been teleported to the start of an apocalyptic world. Real life was too mundane for that, so he didn't think about it too much.

The doors to get in were automatic, meaning he was stuck outside in the wind freezing his arse off. There was absolutely no one to tell him if he should go home, and he stood by the wall, trying to shelter himself from the weather.

Luckily, there must have been some sort of generator, because the street lamps nearby the building were on, which meant he wasn't in total blackness.

"Boo." Someone whispered right by his ear, scaring the ever loving crap out of him. He jumped, whipping around to see none other than Gerard, who had a shit eating grin on his face.

"You're jumpy." Gerard teased, earning a scowl.

"I am when you creep up behind me in the dark." Frank retorted, breathing steadily to calm his heart rate down.

Even in this weather, Gerard didn't wear a coat apart from his waistcoat, but Frank wasn't sure that counted, and he wondered how Gerard wasn't freezing until he remembered the lucky fucker didn't really feel the cold.

"I thought we'd already established I'm a creep?" Gerard smirked, draping his arms around Frank's neck, bringing their lips dangerously close as he leaned in. "Sorry, darling, you'll have to get used to it."

Heart literally skipping a beat, Frank furrowed his brows. Was he dreaming again? He would have pinched himself to be sure, but that never worked in the films. "Gee. . ?"

"Yes?"

It was then that Frank caught a whiff of the alcohol in Gerard's breath and he grimaced, reluctantly taking Gerard's hands and untangling them from around his neck. Gerard's eyes were distant, like he wasn't really there, and he had a lazy smile spread across his face. Sure, Frank knew that Gerard drank, but he'd never seen him drunk.