4. Red Rose

Taehyung's POV

"Hey, Taehyung!"

I heard someone calling my name from behind. I looked at the side from where the source of the voice came. Then I saw Mr. Topper standing by his desk. The classroom is already empty. I'm wondering why he called me.

"Hi, Mr. Topper," I said waving at him.

He awkwardly fake coughed and said, "Hi, Ah, this is for you." He quickly gave me a red rose which I could barely catch. Then he ran out of the classroom leaving me dumbfounded.

What drama just happened? Am I daydreaming or what? Mr. Topper just gave me rose, a freaking red rose. But why? I ain't that stupid not to know the meaning of this type of approach.

Well, It's not that I'm homophobic that I'll insult someone for liking same gender. I ain't gay either. I'm just way too straight for my own liking. So the reason of my shock isn't any of them.

Tell me who will not be surprised if someone show them cold shoulder at the first meeting and after few hours give them a rose.

I just met him today. In the morning I tried to act friendly towards him but he just acted like I'm his freaking enemy.

But when he shook his hands with me I felt something. I didn'tㅡstill don'tㅡknow what those feelings are. So I just shrugged.

In the lunch time, I saw him sleeping peacefully. He looked so soft and innocent while sleeping.

What am I even talking? Did I just admit that I was watching him sleeping? No, not really! I was just passing by him. Yeah, that's the truth.

I thought he must be hungry and lunch break was about to end. So being a friendly guy, I tried to wake him up so that he could eat lunch.

Well, It's not like that he's special to me. Yes, I care for my friends. Oh he's not my friend. Ok, whatever.

Gosh, he's a heavy sleeper. I had to shout at the top of my lungs to wake him up. But after waking up, he yelled at me and left the classroom.

Does he really hate me or what? I'm sure he does hate me, or should I say, he's afraid of me. Yeah, he's afraid that I may become the top in the next exam.

He behaves like those typical toppers who think they're the superior. Oh boy! How wrong you're. I might get the highest score in the entrance exam if I didn't get sick during exam. But I'm more than happy that I still ranked second.

Well, I'm determined to be the top in the next session. Not because my parents want me to be. Neither because I'm interested to be the topper. But because I want to see his reaction.

It's so cute when he got irritated with my attitude. What? Did I just call him cute? Nah, he's a cold bloody arrogant boy.

But why did he give me rose? Is this some kind of prank or is he trying to play game with me?

Well, Jeon, two can play game. So, If you wanna play, then let's play. The game begins.

Oh shit! I forgot I've to go to lab class. I'm already late. It's all because of that so called topper aka Jeon Jungkook. I'll see you Mr. Topper. Just wait and watch.

I quickly rushed towards my lab class at my full speed. I was about to enter the class then bumped my head into my teacher's. My head is spinning but I don't care. Teacher will kill me now. God, take me up right now, please.

"Watch out, kid. Don't rush." My lab teacher said while palming his temple where our heads collided.

What? Isn't he gonna scold me? I was ready to die. Guess he's just too sweet for his own good. Thanks to the god for saving me.

"Sorry, professor. I'll be careful next time," I politely replied.

"Good boy. Let's enter now. I'm late too," Professor sheepishly smiled.

When I entered the lab room, I spotted Jungkook. He has occupied the first table as usual. Seriously? Who's even interested in listening lectures? Not to brag but I can make notes on my own.

I guess he's a typical nerd who always takes note of teacher's lecture. What? Nah, I ain't a nerd. I'm smart, duh. I listen to music during lectures cause only it can keep me awake. Shhh. It's secret.

I was about to take the last table but to get my revenge I went to sit beside Jungkook's chair of the front table. It's lab class so we gotta work in groups. That's why here's table instead of desks.

Looks like Mr. Topper didn't notice my presence yet. He's so lost in his own thoughts. Just when teacher used microphone to calm the noisy students, the boy shuddered and came back to world.

I hardly hold back my laughter. It was a scene to watch. He then noticed me and glared at me. Dude, I ain't afraid of your glare. Use it for someone else.

I smirked and leaned towards his chair. I lowed my deep voice so that only he can hear me and said,

"So love at first sight, huh?"

The way his doe round eyes became ten times bigger in shape and the tip of his ears turned reddish and his lips parted slightly. Oh what an amusing scene to witness!

"Don't act like you don't know anything. It's okay to love, baby," I teased him further more.

Now, he's fuming in anger. Should I add more chillies or this much would do? I guess the more fuel the more fun. I left him speechless.

I was about to add more and he was about to snap at me just then teacher called our name. We both focused on our teacher and then he said we are in a group for today.

Wow! I can take my revenge fully now. This teacher is gonna be my favourite one. Then we shifted to our project place facing two computers.

This time I leaned towards his ears and said, "Am I that handsome that you couldn't hold back your feelings for one day, hmm?"

He clenched his jaw. Banging on the leather chair's handle he whisper-shouted, "That was just a prank. Ok? Don't get wrong ideas."

I knew it was a prank. But I wanna drag this game more. It seems intresting. So being a player, I said,

"Do you think I'll believe it was just a prank? I don't think you've time to play prank. Just admit you've feelings for me. I won't judge you, Jungkook."

He's now vermillion red with anger. He can kill me just with his facial expression. I'm afraid now. But the reactions are praiseworthy.

He fully turned facing me and gritting his teeth said, "The seniors told me to do so. They kinda forced me. So that's why I did it. Nothing else."

"They told you to give the rose to your crush?" I smirked.

"What? No. They told me to give it to the most handsome guy." He replied, tone full of anger but he got shock after realizing what he just spilled.

"And you think I'm the most handsome guy, huh?" I said with an amused face.

"NO!!" This time Jungkook shouted making the whole class look at us.

I guess I overdid it. Opps!

-------------------

Thanks for reading💜
have a good day and night.

-Ari :-)