8. Singularity

"Jungkook, Let's have lunch together."

As soon as I heard Taehyung's voice, my mind kept webbing thoughts.

"Hey, topper, can you hear me?" Taehyung waved, standing in front of my desk. Just then I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I can. I ain't deaf," I replied.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "I didn't say you're deaf. Stop mishearding and making thoughts."

"Whatever. Why do you want to have lunch with me? Is it because all of your fake ass fans ditched you?" I asked coldly.

"Of course not, rather I dumped them. I thought you're lonely. So, as a friend, I wanted to accompany you," Taehyung said with a thin smile.

"I ain't lonely. I just prefer singularity to euphoria. And keep the information in your mind that we're not friends and we won't be ever.

"One more thing, I don't like it when others give me sympathy and I don't show sympathy to others either," I said nonchalantly.

Taehyung was about to say something, just then,

"Jungkook, I've brought burger and milkshake for you," Yugyeom voiced out while panting heavily from the entrance of the classroom.

"Ok, I'll see you later." Taehyung quickly waved and left the classroom.

But his eyes weren't usual. Was he hurt? Or dissapointed? Why would he be? It's not like I'm obliged to have lunch with him.

When Yugyeom sat on the desk and gave me my lunch, I muttered a quick 'Thank you' and started devouring the burgers. Goodness. Was I really that hungry? I didn't realize it until I took the first bite.

He nodded with a smile and started munching his foods too. We finished our milkshake and then quickly cleaned our desks.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" Yugyeom asked with hesitation.

"Umm, sure. You may ask anything you want to from now on," I said with a tiny smile.

"What? Really?" He gasped audibly.

"Yeah, don't squeal or I might change my mind," I showed a devil grin.

He lightly chuckled, "Who was the guy you were talking with few minutes ago? Is he from our class? Y'know, I missed the first day as well as the introduction ceremony."

"Yeah, he's from our class and also the second in merit position. His name is Kim Taehyung," I said with a blank face.

"Wow. Really? That's so cool. Who is the topper?" Yugyeom asked with an amusing face.

What? Did I hear it well? Did he really not know that I'm the topper? Still he acted so friendly. I finally found a true friend who isn't with me for my grades but for me. I might cry out of bliss.

Well, It's said that few things in life are worth waiting 'cause they last lifetime. Today it's proved. I hope we can stay friends forever. A boy can dream.

"Umm..me," I said with a small smile.

"Woah. So the topper of our class just had lunch with me. I feel honored," he replied dramatically.