16. Heated Kiss

▪▪●■○■●♢●■○■●▪▪

Taehyung's lips were soft as they pressed onto Jungkook's. Jungkook didn't moveㅡ he was frozen. He didn't know what to do.

He knew that if he kissed the other back, it would be wrong in so many ways. First he's a guy, second the boy who's kissing him is his foeㅡ or that's what he wants to name Taehyung.

Yet Taehyung's lips against his ones felt so right to Jungkook.

A war took place in his head. The urge to push Taehyung off and the urge to kiss him back battled within Jungkook's brain.

Taehyung started to pull away from the kiss for the lack of response from the opposite side. That's when something flickered and adrenaline took over Jungkook's body.

As if on instant, his hand went to the back of Taehyung's neck keeping the boy close. He shut his eyes as he kissed Taehyung back, hard.

Jungkook was totally hypnotized by the feeling of Taehyung's mouth onto his. Their lips moved against eachother at a perfect sync. It's like puzzles matched by destiny.

Electricity shot down their spine reaching every bones of their body. Butterflies built up and fireworks sparkled.

The arm that was holding Jungkook up went weak and gave up. As a result, he crashed onto the floor bringing Taehyung down with him.

Their lips never separated in the process rather the spaceㅡif there was anyㅡ closed making their chests collide onto eachother's.

Taehyung's one forearm was holding himself up, the other one was finding a place on Jungkook's waist naturally.

Taehyung's touch sent shivers through Jungkook's body. Jungkook let the handㅡhe'd on Taehyung's neckㅡ move into the soft chocolate-brown hair of the other, tugging lightly.

The low moan that escaped Taehyung's lips brought Jungkook back to sense. He snapped out of his woolgathering and pulled away as if Taehyung had burnt him.

He brought both of his hands on Taehyung's chest and pushed him, making the other tumbling off of him.
Shaking, Jungkook stood up.

"What the hell was that?" Jungkook exclaimed, "Why did you kiss me?"

"W-what?" Taehyung said standing up as well, taking a step towards Jungkook.

"Stay the fuck away from me!" Jungkook growled lowly. His fists were closed and breathing was heavy. "What made you think that you could just kiss me?"

The caramel eyes of Taehyung shone with hurt as he took a step back, "I....I..thought...."

"You thought what? That I was gay? That you could just go ahead and kiss me? Well I'm not, and you can't!" Jungkook snarled.

"You didn't seem to be too opposed to it a minute ago," Taehyung retored, standing tall and confident; but his shaking hands had him away.

Jungkook closed the gap between them and grabbed the collar of Taehyung's shirt. "Listen here," Jungkook's voiced dropped to a dangerous whisper.

Taehyung didn't flinch at all but the hurt in his eyes was evident. It was enough to make Jungkook almost kiss the other boy again. Almost.

"I don't know who you think you are, or who you think I am. But I do not like you, and it was not ok for you to kiss me. From now on, we are gonna pretend like this never happened between us. Am I clear?"

Taehyung narrowed his eyes, "Crystal."

"Good," Jungkook let go of Taehyung's shirt, turning to go to the bedroom.

"Just one question," Taehyung spoke up. Jungkook turned back as the other continued, "If you are straight, then why did you kiss me back?"

"That doesn't matter!" Jungkook growled, throwing as much anger as he could into the words."All that matters is that I am not a fucking fag like you!"

Jungkook regretted as soon as those words slipped off his lips. But it was too late to take the words back. He turned and ran to the bedroom, leaving Taehyung behind.

Taehyung was too hurt to move, too numb to feel anything after Jungkook's words hit his eardrums. It was like his world broke into uncountable pieces.

Taehyung left Yugyeom's flat and drove away from the city to who-knows-where. He just drove mindlessly, breaking numerous traffic rules.

He was almost close to a massive crash; fortunately for him, the other driver quickly took a side turn. He never went back home that night.

He spent the whole night in his car although the weather was quite chilly. Any normal person would be cold in this circumstances. But Taehyung's condition was nowhere near normal.

That night Taehyung did one thing that he never did in the past 12 years. He cried. He cried so hard that his lungs were burning. Tears soaked his cheeks, his button up shirt, his lap; heck even his seat.

At one point his lacrimal gland gave up. Still he kept crying, though no tears were left to escape. He was breathing painfully as if oxygen got stuck in his throat.

Too Hurt. Too numb. Too Broken.

Taehyung never knew how it felt like to be rejected. Nobody rejected him ever. Even if few did, he could care less. No one was as valuable as Jungkook to him.

If he'd any confusion with his feelings for the boy earlier, he has solid zero doubt now. Everything is crystal clear to Taehyung. He fell, fell hard for Jungkook.

He isn't angry with Jungkook. He can't ever be. He's angry with himself that he let his feelings get the best of him.

"Why the fuck I couldn't control my inner self from jumping into an action of kissing him. Now Jungkook would hate me even more than ever. I screwed up. I fucking screwed up hella big time!" He kept scolding inaudibly.

But Taehyung does not regret the kiss. Not even a single moment of the heavenly serene memory. It's the most stupendous scenery of his life. He would treasure it for eternal.

He doesn't blame Jungkook for lashing out at him. He should've asked Jungkook if he was straight or not. He only blames himself.

Little did a tiny part of his brain keep reminding Taehyung that Jungkook kissed him back.

ㅡ•ㅡ•ㅡ•ㅡ

And I oppㅡ