17. Answer

Jungkook's POV

I ran out of the living room only because I couldn't bear looking at those woeful dark-brown eyes of Taehyung. My heart was thumping painfully against my ribcage as if something was grasping it so ruthlessly as it wanted to leap out of my throat after I got into a hussle with Taehyung.

I swear. I didn't mean to act like a crude homophobe, I really support lgbt society. I personally despise homophobic people more than anything.

Soon the front door closed making a thud sound echoing through the emptyㅡ lacking of furnitures as well as peopleㅡ apartment, I flinched, signaling that Taehyung was gone.

I knew I hurt him so brutally. Frankly, I never wanted to hurt him that way. But that doesn't give me an excuse to not feel guilty, to not shove myself into self-disdain, does it?

I always prefer to make myself look like an arrogant guy. But like everyone else I've self-hatred too. I became really, like really mad at myself.

Anguish crawled from the pit of my stomach up to the lungs causing palpitation, making me suffocate as breathing became extremely painful.

I can't really be hundred percent confident and announce that I'm straight 'cause i don't have any solid proof. I've never felt anything for girls, never dated any girls either. It might seem weird that I didn't ever had any crush on anyone; well, it's true unless some intelligent scientists are counted. Then again, those scientists were all guy and most notably dead, so it doesn't make any sense.

It gave me the answer. But being a dull head I couldn't make out the obvious hint, rather stayed ignorant to the fact of the real exposure of my sexuality. Straight doesn't really go with my till now experience.

But that doesn't make me gay either, right? I haven't look at any guy with admiring eyes except Taehyung. His caramel-brown eyes, his nose mole, his silky hair, his rectangular-box smile are illegal as they made my thoughts sinful.

What made me act like a total scumbag towards Taehyung is really questionable. The truth is that I freaked out as I felt his lips oh-so soft for my own liking.

I liked how his lips moved with mine, how much emotions he put in the kiss, how his touch burnt my skin, how my fingers swam into his soft locks, how euphoric his low moan felt like music to my earsㅡ every single bit of the rhapsodic moment.

Blood rushed over my face as I felt Taehyung's hot breath on my lips as he leaned in. Butterfly erupted from my stomach to all over my body. Spine sprouted fireworks under my skin as I perceived his uneven heartbeats against my chest.

All of it was just too much for me. And I did snap, spilled the most obnoxious word my lips could ever slip. Fag. If I could, I would swallow back my words. I can't. Unfortunately.

I got afraid at that moment as I wanted to kiss Taehyung again, to hold him in my arms, to be with him. And all was new to me, being a dumb I fucked everything up.

Now, Taehyung would never look at me again let alone make a conversation with me. Frustratingly I tugged at my hair as few strands came out of the scalp but the pain is nothing compared to how I'm feeling now.

I kept punching on the wall as hard as possible till my knuckles showered with blood. Out of blue the annoying ring tone of my phone snapped me out of my zone, I took it from my jeans pocket and was about to switch it off but then the caller ID made me froze.

Taehyung

My palms started sweating, I kept debating whether to pick it up or not, he never called me though we exchanged numbers week ago 'cause Yugyeom insisted. I looked at the clock as the radiating numbers showed 3:30 AM.

After taking a deep breath, I received the call,

"Hello?"

"Hi, is it Kookie speaking?"

I got frightened as a stranger was speaking from the other side. Taehyung never called me by Kookie. He always uses Jungkook or Jungkook-ah, in rare case Jungkookie. Now it's not the time to think. Most importantly, what happened to Taehyung?

"Are you there?" I heard the uncertainty from the opposite side.

"Yes, I'm Kookie. Is Taehyung a-alright?" My voice kept quivering with anxiety.

"I found the guy half-dead by the roadside. But he kept whispering 'Kookie'. So I took his phone and rummaged through the contacts to find the said name. I didn't mean to go through his personalㅡ"

I didn't listen anything after the word half-dead. What did he mean? Did Taehyung tried toㅡ No! I cut my thoughts as well as the stranger,

"ㅡText me the address now. I'm coming." I ended the call giving him no time to reply as I picked up my coat from the couch and car keys from the tea table and ran out of the apartment.

Entering my car, I fumbled the key through the engine, just then received a text and sped off to the location by the help of GPS at the highest speed. In any normal day I'd complain about how people should drive car at safe speed, but now I could care less although the street is pretty vacant as it's past midnight now.

After 30 minutes journey I reached the place which was far away from our university, I stopped my car as my gaze caught the sight of the red sporty carㅡin Taehyung's words baby bearㅡ almost covered with mud

Seemingly the stranger noticed my presence as I heard a whack from my car window side after a minute or so, "KOOKIE?"

I didn't seem to sound rude, but it didn't feel right to hear the name from a complete stranger, "Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

The stranger seemed to figure out my half-hostile tone as he half-smiled, "Hello, Jungkook. I'm Park Bogum."

He mayhaps forwarded his hands for a shake but I pretended to not notice as I scrambled out of the car with the coat on my hand and rushed towards Taehyung's baby bear.

----------------------------------

Hello readers,

It's been a long time.
I'm still breathing :)

How are y'all doing?

-Arika <3