5. Staring Contest

Jungkook's POV

"NO!" I suddenly blurted out when that stupid Taehyung kept pushing me with his damn questions making the whole class to look at our direction.

That was so embarrassing. I swear, You're gonna pay for it Kim Taehyung.

The lab teacher approached us to check what was wrong. I paused for a moment to think about an excuse for my sudden outburst.

"We're sorry, sir. As you can see, we were working together with our project. We were at the end to complete the project just then our computer suddenly crashed making all our efforts to go in vain.

"So being a serious student, our topper here couldn't control his frustrations," Taehyung said with a polite tone standing beside me.

When did he come up with such a convincing excuse which was a total bullshit? How fast do his brain cells work? Wait, what? Did he just crash a highly qualified well-working  computer within a minute?

I quickly came out from my shock zone to play along with Taehyung and said, "We're extremely sorry for this loss."

"Silly kids. It's totally fine. There are  plenty of computers here. So if you crashed one, use another. Don't worry about it," Our lab teacher said with a small smile making both of us to nod and then he went back to his desk.

The whole class engrossed in their own projects again.

I turned to look at Taehyung and he's smiling at me. I glared at him, "Why did you do that?"

"Did what?" Taehyung asked back with an innocent look like he didn't just smashed the computer with his technical tricks.

"Don't play naive. Why did you disrupted that well-founded computer? And how the hell did you manage to break it down with your damn techniques within a very short span of time?" I whisper-shouted at him.

"So are you amazed at my extraordinary skills?" Taehyung asked with a smirk plastered on his duck looking face.

"Don't test my patience. Shut your fancy false assumptions and answer my effing questions," I retorted, tone full of rage.

"Calm the fuck down, will you?" Taehyung glared back.

"So what did you want me to tell the teacher? That you yelled at the top of your lungs just to deny that fact that you find me the most handsome in our class?" Taehyung added with cold irritated face.

I snorted and replied, "Yeah, whatever! But don't think anything else about the prank. Just forget it and leave me the fuck alone."

"You ungrateful swan. I just saved you from teacher's rant. And here you're talking like I just left you to rot in hell," Taehyung spat.

"Did you just call me swan? You duck. No one asked for your favour. And yeah, rotting in hell is better than wasting my time with you."

Taehyung and I were having a glaring contest, totally forgetting about our project. None of us are ready to be defeated.

I broke apart from our gazing session when the teacher dismissed the class and left the classroom not even bothering to look back at Taehyung.

That was our last class. So yeah, first day at university is over. But It could have been better if it wasn't for Kim freaking Taehyung. I hate him. No scratch that.  I despise him.

I went to the parking lot. I got on my car and then saw a car passing by mine with loud ass music playing. When I glanced at the driver of the car, then it hit me. It's Taehyung on that red sports car, fucking Ferrari. I'm pretty sure that brat just crossed the speed limitㅡ Bitch, it's not your racing spot, it's campus area.

I'll not be surprised if someone get crashed under his car and then he'd rot in jail. He just deserves hell for his deeds. So it was him in the morning. Bastard.

I should just forget about him and drive back to home. So that's what I did. I'm so tired.

Reaching home I shouted, "MOM, I'm home!"

Finding no response I look around the house to spot mom. Then I saw her sleeping on a swaying chair in the balcony. She looks so adorable while sleeping. I refrained myself from disturbing her and stepped towards my own room.

I plopped down on my comfy bed and drifted to my dreamland quickly. I was just too exhausted to get rid of my clothes.

                            ㅡㅡㅡ

Taehyung's POV

How can someone be so rude. I literally saved him but he doesn't have any gratitude. Whatever. I don't give a damn about that.

After our glaring contest was over I rushed towards my car. I played my favorite pop song at full volume 'cause only it can calm my enraged mood. I then drove my car at the full speed to reach my destination as quickly as possible.

As soon as I entered the front gate of our house I was greeted by my cousin who was in his car, perhaps leaving already, "Yo! Taetae, what's up?"

Park Jimin is my only cousin and my favourite chilhood friend. Jimin often comes to my house even if I'm not home. He has a great bond with my parents. His parents live in the states for job purposes. So, he pays a visit here whenever he feels lonely.

His parents come to visit him once or twice in a year for only a week or so. His parents wanted to take him with them but he's too stubborn to leave his birthplace.

Jimin doesn't go to university. He takes online courses. He says, he doesn't like to follow the rules of universities. He wants freedom. Let's say, he's living his life fully.

My parents told me to treat him as an elder brother but I consider him as my best friend. He's just too childish to be my older brother.

"I'm just pissed with the topper of our class," I said with tiredness.

"Oh so someone finally got on your nerves. It's gonna be fun." Jimin started laughing.

"Stop laughing. This isn't even funny," I retorted.

"Whatever you say. Well, I'm gonna go now, Tae. See you." Jimin left with his car without giving me a chance to reply.

"Come back soon," I shouted though I ain't sure if he heard it or not.

Entering our living room, I got hugged by my overexcited mom. "Taetae, my little baby, you're back. I missed you so much."

Oh my mum is an overgrown child. I was just gone for 8 hours. And she missed me. It's not her fault. She's on her job vacation and papa isn't at home. Poor mum must be bored.

"Oh mum. I ain't a kid. Stop treating me like one." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't pout, baby. Of course you're a young man but you'll always be my baby. Right?" Mom asked with puppy eyes.

Damn mum! You know my weakness. Who can say no to those puppy eyes of you?

"Yeah. I'm tired. I'll go to my bedroom." I said with a smile.

"It was just your first day at the University. And you're already exhausted. Don't stress yourself. Take care of yourself. Grade doesn't matter to us. You know, right?" she said with a worried tone.

That's what I love about my parents. They never pressurise me to do anything. Whatever I do, as long as I'm happy, they're fine with that.

"I know that mum. Don't worry. I'm fine. Just little tired," I assured her.

"Ok, fine. Get some rest meanwhile I make your dinner," Mum left the living room.

I went to my room, put my bags and shoes at the right places. Then I went to bathroom to quickly take a shower. After that I dozed off to another land.

                       -------------------

Little sneak peek at Taehyung's
life. Jimin is found. Yay!
have a peaceful day and night.