Chapter Twenty Four

MONDAY

"So...do you know if Nate's coming today?" I ask shyly.

Jamie laughs and shoves my as we head to our regular spot under the oak tree. 
"Miss him already, lover boy?"

I roll my eyes and shove her back, laughing.
"Oh shut up."

She lays her head down on my shoulder and opens the large black book she brought with her, flipping to a clean page and grabbing the pencil she stuck behind her ear. 

"What are you drawing?"

"I'll let you know when I find out."

It's surprisingly relaxing watching her pencil scrawl across the blank page, creating whatever she can come up with in her.....unique mind. I'm so focused on her movements that I barely hear the footsteps approaching behind us. 

"Hey, what's the deal? You making a move on my pretty boy now?" 

Jamie groans playfully and sits up.
"If I had wanted to make a move on Matty, I would have done it by now."

I grin widely as Nate takes a seat beside us on the ground and pulls me into him, kissing my forehead gently. 

Jamie suddenly bursts into a fit of laughter. 
"Oh my god! I just remembered." She squeals. 

"Remembered what?" I ask, arching an eyebrow. 

She bites her lip to try and control her giggles and eyes Nate evilly, a smirk prominent on her face. 
"I've technically already made my move on him. Long before you did anyway." 

My jaw drops as I realize what she's talking about and I cover my mouth, laughing. Nate doesn't look as amused as we are and he focuses his attention on his sister. 
"Care to explain?"

"I kissed Matty before you did."

"What the hell?When?" He asks, leaning away to look at me. My laughter stops when I realize he really looks hurt. 

"Hey, she's just messing with you. We kissed last week. She was trying to help me figure out how I felt with everything, that's all." I soothe. 

"Oh." He nods, features softening a bit. 
A smirk quickly appears as he pulls me back into his chest. 
"So then tell us, who's the better kisser?"

I laugh and give JJ a sympathetic look. 
"Sorry, Jamie. You're brother is a hella good kisser though." 

"HELL YEAH!" Nate yells and sticks his tongue out to his sister. 

Jamie flips him off.
"Still got to him first, though."

Nate rolls his eyes.
"Whatever, bitch."

I grin at the two of them, shaking my head and shifting to lay down in the grass, placing my head in Nate's lap. His hands immediately go to my hair, stroking it away from my face and giving me a dimpled grin. 
"You should let me take you on a date this weekend." 

I bite my lip, hesitating. I don't know how I'll get that past my mom. Something tells me she has a suspicion about him anyway.
He must read my mind because he pokes at my cheek. 

"You can just tell your mom that I'm picking you up to go hang out with JJ." 

"Okay."

"So I have to be your scapegoat AND stay home alone all weekend? Great. Loving the sound of this already." Jamie complains. 

I tilt my head back and smile at her upside down figure. 
"I'll make him buy you a present while we're out. Fair enough?"

"Deal."