1

The seven wonders.

Seven unknown guys who roam around in the dead of night, adorning white porcelain masks and long, dark cloaks.

Legend has it that once you look them in the eye, you're fucked.

So when you catch sight of one, you're meant to get the hell out of there, because there's no going back once they catch you.

Fear us.

-

''Cloaked men with masks? Is this Halloween?'' you snicker, refuting all the nonsense your friends spouted.

''Don't joke around!'' Lisa, one of your best friends nagged. ''We need to be careful...''

''Right, Kai?'' She asked the boy across you, who was too busy day dreaming while staring at you. ''Right'' 

You roll your eyes, legs crossed lazily as you leant back on your chair. ''I don't give a fuck. It's all bullshit''

Your two friends exchange glances and sigh, ducking down to take a sip of their drinks. ''You're crazy''

A crazed laugh bubbles up your chest as you fling your head backwards. ''Found out now? I fear no one. None of this scares me''

Your mouth tilted in an arrogant grin, you gulp down your drink and slam it onto the table. Lisa shakes her head in disapproval, lips set into a thin line as she observed you.

Through the wide glass of the cafe, less people could be seen in the streets as darkness began to take over. The sky had become a dark blue, street lights beginning to ignite into amber lights.

''I'll get going then. It's almost dark'' Lisa pops, her eyes flickering towards the window. You hum in response, sliding your phone out of your pocket.

''Y/N, let's go together'' Kai suggests, glancing at you for approval but your attention is elsewhere.

A notification popped up.

-

   Unknown wants to message you

                  [accept]            [decline]

UnknownI $££ Y0U

-

''Yeah, you guys go. I'm coming'' you respond, your fingers twitching above your phone in an attempt to formulate a response.

-

Me:

Really? Do I look good?
read 8:37pm

-

You bite your lip in amusement as you waited for a response. Who would play such a shit prank like this?

After waiting for a few more minutes, you got bored and decided to head home. The door bell jingles as you leave, and you pull up your hoodie as the cold breeze freezes your bones.

Squinting as darkness clouded your vision, your eyes flicker around in search for Kai and Lisa. Looks like they went ahead...

Your phone suddenly vibrates in your pocket, and you slide it out swiftly.

-

Unknown: run

-

You scoff, fingers slightly numb as you typed.

-

Me:

why the fuck would I run

fight me
read 8:45pm

You fasten your pace, breath forming smoky puffs as you exhaled. The area was desolate and empty, the silence almost deafening.

Darkness had now surrendered to the light, the sun no longer visible.

But you liked it. Dark and mysterious. It fascinated you.

You decided to roam around and enjoy the solitary ambience, but it was a sudden high pitched scream which banished you from all tranquility.

You tilt your head, eyes searching your surroundings. That voice sounded familiar...

Your eyes widening in epiphany, you sprint towards the direction the scream came from, fury engraved into your eyes.

If that was Lisa...I'm about to whoop someones ass.

Your eyes gleaming in feral anger, your legs seemed to work by themselves as you planned out a death trap for whoever assaulted your friend.

You pause when you reach an alleyway, hands gripping the wall as you caught your breath.

And then you saw her.

She stood in the middle of the passageway, lips stretched into a crazed smile.

''What the fuck?'' you cringe, as she cups her face and begins to laugh like a maniac

''What the fuck?'' you cringe, as she cups her face and begins to laugh like a maniac. ''Don't tell me you're on crack!?''

Her uncanny laugh echoes around the bleak alleyway, and that's when you spot a few figures concealed within the shadows.

One of them step out.

He is dressed in a black cloak which covers his figure completely, and a white mask which seemed to have a stained tear falling from an eye.

''...I did tell you to run, but did you listen?''

A/N:

omgg I republished this book after editing and all the 1k+ comments on my picture edits and gifs disappeared 😭 they were so funny I'm devastated. If you wondered why some has less comments that's where it went 😔