47

Taehyung walks through the halls, the ambience eerily silent.

Apart from the few occasional shouts and chatter from the teenagers, something seemed...off.

He assembles with the rest of his boys, who mirror his confused expression. ''Still no sign of her?'' Jin asks, teeth in between his plump bottom lip as he frowns.

Taehyung shakes his head in response, eyes squinting as he scrolled through his phone. ''I tracked her location, it's not far from here...''

''Since when you learn to track locations?'' Yoongi asks suspiciously.

''Minor, I used to track her down all the time'' he casually states, oblivious to the fact he exposed his previous stalking activity.

Screenshotting the mapping of of your location, he sends it to the rest of the boys. ''The best option now would be to gather everyone and simply attack head on. They'd surely be outnumbered against the hundreds of us'' Namjoon inputs, and the rest hum in subtle agreement.

''Now that you mention it, has anyone checked if the Lord is even in the hall?'' Hoseok speaks up, perceptive gaze scanning the premises.

''I'll check'' Taehyung deeply responds, his serene face held in an expression of utter blankness. Despite the impassive facade, deep inside the feral fire within him was churning away, becoming powerful and deadly by the second.

Fists clenched tightly, his kick sends the prodigious door of the hall to abruptly squeak open. According to his quick witted perusal, the figure which usually sat on the throne was nowhere to be seen.

Instead, another figure greets him.

''Uri? The fuck you doing here?''

She raises a hand timidly. ''Oh, you're looking for the Lord too?''

''...yeah'' he responds after a short silence. The futile excuse doesn't convince him, so he stares, eyes narrowing in suspicion. He looks down at his ring.

It's not flashing.

It's probably safe then...he thinks to himself, looking back up. She seems a bit tense, jaw clenched tightly as if she was holding something back, or rather preventing something.

''Where's Yeontan?'' he randomly asks, aware of the fact that the dog may have some association with the devils.

''Somewhere'' she smiles cynically. ''Why are you here though? Did you need something?'' 

''The little shit...'' he mutters in a low voice, irritance evident in his tone ''someone took her''

Various scenarios played through his mind, each making his teeth grind in inexorable anger. What if Kai was trying to touch you while you were locked in a dark room? What if you were being tortured and stripped, your body on display for anyone besides him to see?

Shut the fuck up, it's not like I care...he told himself, dark eyes becoming angrier in the absence of your presence.

He looks up from his trance, only to see Uri no longer in the spot he had last seen her.

''you betrayed us, you know that?'' a voice whispers into his ear from behind.

In the corner of his eye, he sees the red signal of danger exuding out of his ring, flashing non-stop. ''you've got to be kidding me'' he sighs in defeat, turning around to face the hideous entity which just about resembled a tall and bony woman.

And then his vision blacks out, her high pitched laugh the last thing which registered through his numb mind.

-