51

''V stands for victory'' he smirks, ''I always win''

-

''Wow...'' you can't help but admire his determined resolution. ''So what's the plan?''

He blinks, breaking from his daze. ''Oh shit, uh, I don't have one yet to be honest''

''WHAT THE FUCK'' you flip a table, ''What 'I always win' bullshit you spouting if you don't even have a plan?''

He squints, teeth slowly gripping his bottom lip as he stays deep in thought. Hot.

''Okay, I've thought of a plan'' he smiles, cracking his knuckles.

''It better not involve murder'' you say, suspicious of the dark glint in his eyes.

''I no longer have a plan'' he sighs.

Perhaps Taehyung and V aren't too different after all.

''Let's find them first, no point waiting here and doing nothing'' he says, making his way towards the door. You nod, following from behind.

The chimes of the bells that tinkled incessantly as people sauntered in and out of the array of the shops were no more, now to be replaced with a deafening silence.

The silence between you and V is peaceful and tranquil, a blanket of softness coating your fiery emotions and soothing them.

This silence, it was something he was probably used to always being alone. His eyes narrow as he stares to the ground, reminiscing about his past memories.

[Flashback]

As if awakening from a deep slumber, his eyes roll open, glazed with the remnants of an iniquitous dream. His surroundings were dark, limbs cold as they recoiled against the cold marble floor.

He felt...empty.

As if half of his soul was ripped apart.

Eyes adjusting to the unfamiliar environment, he squints as he makes out seven tubes lined up, dim figures outlined against the liquid which glistens slightly in the little light provided.

And then he realises. These seven were the very people he considered brothers, the very ones he grew up in the orphanage. And the thing which shocked him the most, he himself was inside one of the tubes.

Their eyes were closed, hair standing upright in response to the water weighing them down. He cries out for help, but the whimper was slowly lost in thinning air. And then he felt himself suffocating, insides sucked and squashed against each other, as if his very presence in front of them was slowly destroying him.

So he knew, he could no longer reside with them. He was like a lone wolf forced to seperate from his pack, ostracized from which he called home. 

Days past. Months past. Years past.

He warmed his shivering hands against the crackling fire. The sorrow grew profound each year as he sits in his quiet, lonely house, feeling his other self grow colder by the day, his other brothers committing themselves to such vile tasks.

He would stare into the mirror, lost in it's reflection. No longer could he see the fire in his eyes. All that remained was the deceiving half hollow soul that reflected in the tear stained glass, the marks leaving no space to see his true self anymore. He was just the shell of a man, alone, slowly losing his identity.

Until.

He felt a spark ignite.

He could feel a tiny fire sparking within his other self. Springing some warmth into his cold soul.