44

*Play L's theme above to feel smart*

''Who the hell was that guy?'' you mutter, the image of his relentless gaze engraved into your mind. You both had stopped at a night cafe of some sort to get a drink and process what had just happened. 

''you tell me '' Taehyung mimicked in his dark voice, ''shut the fuck up fam, I asked for a reason''

You laugh, head leaning on your palms. ''He knew who you were though...he called you by your name. Does he look familiar?''

''Nah''

You nibble on your lip, thoughts scattered around like a muddled puzzle. ''You may know who the Lord is, but have you wondered who the King is...'' you mumble to yourself. ''What's that supposed to mean?''

''Ain't Lord and King the same thing?'' he remarks lazily, swiping the pile of oregano on the table.

''I mean, King is the highest position of authority to rule, right..? And then comes the Lord...''

''So what you're implying, little shit, it that the King is behind all of this?'' Taehyung asks, honey orbs glazed with surprisement and curiosity.

''I dunno man, you literally work for them. How come you know nothing about all this?''

''Yeah, I work for them, that's all. I never knew the Lord were your parents either until you came'' he retaliates, flicking the bangs out of his eyes. ''But my question is, how the fuck does he know my Yeontan? He's got nothing to do with all of this''

Your tap your feet on the ground impatiently, when a sudden thought crosses your mind. ''Or maybe he does''

You slam your hand on the table in prevailed realization. ''Shit, remember when you bought him to my room? And then you hugged me cuz you thought I was angry?''

''I don't recall'' he coughs, a blush rising to his cheeks.

''And then Yeontan suddenly disappeared! What if he went to snitch to the Lord, which was why they punished us in the hall the day after...''

''no...'' he runs a hand through his hair in disbelief, wanting to refute whatever you were telling him.

''What I'm saying is, maybe the doggy has a connection with the devils'' you point out smartly, feeling like L from Death Note with all your theories.

''You're chatting shit now'' he shakes his head incredulously, fingertips massaging his temples in distress.

''Also, Kai told me he wasn't the only satan. There are a whole family of them. The mum and dad devils currently play as my parents, and the son is inside of Kai...''

Taehyung listens to your theory, his silence urging you to continue. ''What if the parent satan's have more children beside the one that's in Kai? And they're currently possessing more people among us..''

A shocked silence seeps into the air as you exchange furtive glances. 

''um...would you like to order anything?'' a distant voice timidly asks, distracting you both.

''shit, yeah I'm quite thirsty'' you state, ''a milkshake with two straws please''

She notes it down and nods, walking away to fetch your order. ''hey, the fuck you mean two straws-''

She arrives after a few moments, placing the cup in front of you. ''watch how fucking fast I can drink this'' you grin, inserting both straws into your mouth.

Taehyung's mouth drops as he realises his embarrassing assumption, but he also felt a bit of...disappointment. ''give me some too you fat shit''