25

You heard Taehyung and Jungkook bickering a moment ago, but they had suddenly grown quiet.

The hallway lights flutter to darkness. They must be going to sleep...

You snuggle into your covers, tossing and turning in a futile attempt to slip away into the depths of unconsciousness.

''hehe ~'' a voice echoes through the walls of your house, breaking you from your sleepy state. Eyes shooting open, you sit up and squint through hooded eyes.

You fiddle around for the door as darkness clouds your vision, another baleful laugh floating into the silent of the night.

''Jungkook? Taehyung?'' you call, voice hoarse from tiredness.

Silence greets you.

Sighing in exasperation, you kick open your door and switch the lights on.

No ones there.

''Yo, stop playing about'' you groan in annoyance, running a hand through your messy hair. Popping your head into the guest room, you find it empty and devoid of use.

You listen carefully, picking up the faint sound of footsteps downstairs. The stairs creak, your feet treading on each step as gently as possible.

And when you reach the bottom of your stairs, the most unexpected sight welcomes you.

(A/N: that looks horrendous I tried)

-

''what the....fuck''

Jungkook holds a halting hand, gesturing for you to back away.

Taehyung stands there, his figure barely visible in the void of darkness. His features are hardened and stoic, orbs contaminated by a blank whiteness.

Your breathing quickens, knuckles white from clenching your fists too hard. Your hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid, burning, slicing, potent.

Jungkook tries to hold you back, but you push through in brute force.

Teeth gritted in suppressed rage, you land a punch right on his face. ''First you attack my mum, and then you have the audacity to come into my fucking house yet again and possess my boy? Do you want to fucking die?''

''oooooh shit, this is getting good'' Jungkook watches in amusement in the background.

His hand cups his injured cheek, head tilted to the other side before he slowly turns and faces you. ''This is what I love about you...'' his robotic voice chuckles darkly, fully white eyes looking at nothing in particular. His fingers reach out to gently stroke your face.

You slap his hand away. ''Don't touch me, fucking clapped yute''

He puts a hand to his heart, feigning hurt.