20 | pen pal part 2🐝

Y/N's eyes widen as if Keith grew two extra heads. Marriage!? First of all they haven't been together for a year and second of all he's in jail, how is the ceremony suppose to work.

" Huh?"

" I said let's get married ", he smiles.

" Oh wow......why?"

" Because you were there me during the time I was seeking hope. You are my salvation and I don't think anyone has been there for me like you have. Despite the fact that I'm in here for manslaughter, you don't treat me different...you don't view me as a monster like some of my family members have. We haven't even been together a year...I love you Y/N and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

" That's sweet Keith, I love you too. I'm not saying no and I'm not saying yes either, but all I'm asking is can I have some time to think about it?"

" Of course, take as much time as you need."

Our lips connect for a quick kiss as our arms engulf each other in hugs.

" I'll see you next weekend ok."

" Ok I love you."

" I love you too." 

○ ○ ○

I was in need if some guidance, so I invited my brother Lionel for wine.

Since he's been here, he's been venting about how stressful he his with his job and the wedding planning.

" Enough about me, I understand my dear sister is in need for some advice."

Y/N finishes the rest of her wine in her glass and pours a little bit more just to keep her calm.

" So lately I've been talking to someone and he asked me to marry him."

" Ok so what's the problem?"

" We've only been together for seven months."

" Sis love is love if you feel comfortable with the fact that you're going to be spending the rest of your life with him so let it be it."

" There's one little detail I'm leaving out..."

" What?"

" He's in jail."

Lionel chokes on his wine a little bit and Y/N pats his back to make sure he's ok.

" Ok now I can understand why your stressed, is he at least cute."

Y/N clicks around on her phone pulling up the most recent picture she had of her boo.

" Oh he is cute! I say marry him ", Lionel clicks his glass with his sister's taking a sip out of it

" Lionel you're not helping. How am I suppose to tell mom and dad about this."

" I mean you don't have to, you can wait till after he gets out to tell them. You know be like Janet and have a secret marriage."

" No Lionel,  it would break dad to find out that he didn't get to walk his only baby girl down the aisle."

" What aisle? More like the prison hallways ", he sassed.

" Not helping. I mean mom and dad were chill when you came out."

" Y/N, hey mom and dad I like dick and hey mom and dad I'm about to marry someone who I've been dating and oh yeah he's in jail for.....what is he in jail for?"

" Involuntary manslaughter."

" Let me go contact Pastor Reginald so I can inform him that our parents funeral will be soon. What the hell Y/N are you trying to give them a heart attack!"

" You make it sound way worse when you say it. Mom and dad will understand that I'm in love and it won't bother them once Keith informs them in what happened."

" Its whatever, just do what makes you happy."

Y/N smiles giving her big brother a bear hug.

○ ○ ○

Y/N was sitting in her home office when her office/house phone began to ring.

" Hello."

" You have a collect call from the California State Penitentiary, do you accept?"

" I accept."

" Hey beautiful."

" Hey baby ", she smiles.

" So what is my little sunflower up to today?"

" Just working from home, I didn't feel like going in today."

" Baby you have the power to do that, you're a partner now."

" Keith yes."

" Yes that's right you showed all those men at that advertising firm that a woman can do the same amount of work they can."

Y/N giggles at the fact that he didn't get why she said yes.

" Baby that yes was too your question."

" Oh shit really!? You'll marry me for real?"

" Yes if course baby ", she smiles.

" How about next weekend them, I already have everything lined up."

" You already knew I was going to say yes."

" Yeah, babe I gotta go I need to go tell the guys about this."

Y/N hung up the with a smile on her face. She was happy that her now fiancee is happy, she just hope she wasn't making a bad decision.

Tbc🐝