55 | before you walked out my life

Today was just a gloomy day which was different in Los Angeles. Y/N took advantage of this day putting on a oversized sweater and just sit in for the day. It was pretty cool outside which she loved it made her consider whether or not she wanted to move up to Seattle. Pulling out a book she opens it revealing all of her memories from high school. She realized all the money she spent on memory cards and disposable cameras just to capture all of this. Once she got past her freshman and sophomore year, she contemplated on whether she should continue. Junior and Senior year was good but it was just her relationship that tarnished that. At times she regrets doing what she did because her and Keith probably still would've been together by now.

Keith was just your normal high school boy, probably got into trouble here and there but he wasn't bad. Y/N felt like she was in heaven being with that boy. He did have his open wounds here and there and Y/N knew not to mess with them. Of course she let that slip over her head one day. She was partnered up with one of the dudes that he had a resentment towards for a class. Y/N simply went to the library to finish their project and the guy kissed her. Word got around school fast because he lied saying they did other stuff. After trying to explain to Keith multiple time he broke up with her saying he knew she was a hoe from the jump.

Y/N continued her life going to college and dental school. That was something she wanted to do because of Keith because he always said that he could see her doing that. Continuing to look through the pages, there were pictures from their dates, prom, and just random things they would do together. She misses Keith so much and thinks about how their life would look like now. Y/N of course keeps in contact with his mother and she told me that he had become a therapist and had kids but he's not with his baby mother. His mother even told her that she still ask about her and how she's doing.

She smiles closing the book placing back on her shelf. Her stomach begins to growl and she looks into her drive to see that she didn't have much in there. This week has been really busy and she forgot to go grocery shopping. Quickly throwing on some jeans she grabs her rain jacket, purse, and keys heading downstairs to her car.

• • •

Walking down the cereal isle she grabs her favorites and looks on the other side looking at granola. Turning her head she sees the cutest set of twin boys smiling at her. They've must've been at least one at the most.

"Hi."

They wave back and soon the father turns around catching her off guard.

"Y/N?"

"Keith?"

"Hey how you doing?"

He wraps his arms around her body in a hug and she tenses up a little bit. In all honestly she wasn't expecting that.

"I'm doing good...these must be your boys."

"Yeah this is my week of having them."

"They have handsome smiles."

"Yeah well I learned dental hygiene from the best."

She smiles a little bit looking down at her feet.

"Y/N I really want to apologize-"

"No Keith it's ok I understand you were mad."

"No I need you to hear my full apology. I'm sorry babygirl I should've just believed you and not everybody else...before I had left for school Ricky cane up to me and told me the whole truth. I'm glad he told me I kicked his ass, but I'm glad he told me. I'm really sorry let me make it up to you."

"Ok."

"Dinner at my place tonight."

"Why so soon?"

"Because I don't want you to slip from my grip because of my stubbornness."

"Ok but are you going to tell me the names of your boys."

"Oh shit my bad but this is Kaiden and Kurt. It's hard to tell them apart at first but once you're around them it's easier sort of like the Mowry sisters after watching the first season of sister sister."

Y/N went into a fit of laughter because that's his favorite show.

"Ok well let me finish shopping and I'll be on my way to you."

"How about we finish shopping together I help you put your groceries at your place and you can just ride with us on the way back", he smiles.

"Keith Powers when did you become so smooth?"

"I had a lot of maturing to do baby girl."

• • •

Y/N sat on the couch as she plays with Kaiden and Kurt making them laugh. Keith would poke his head out of the kitchen to check on them every once in a while. He was happy that he reconnected with his baby and I hope for the best in their future together.