Chapter 1: No way out

This book is now on Episode Interactive! It's called Boss' Sweetheart.

Warning -

This story contains sensitive themes from the very beginning. Please be respectful in the comments and take care when reading.

A/N - I wanted to give you guys a heads up. There will be some scenes in this book that involve characters from my book 'Stolen to be his Princess'. It will contain spoilers if you haven't yet read that one. It's not connected to this book, it's just that if you plan on reading the other book in the future, this story contains spoilers of that book. Hope that makes sense.

Rosie

"Oh my god, no".

Sinking down to the floor holding the letter I had been expecting to receive for some time now, I closed my eyes hoping this was  just a horrible nightmare. I knew it was coming, but I hadn't expected it to be so soon.

It's not fair, I had been left in this world all alone, no help, no support and no family. I had nothing. After everything I went through, this would be the final blow to my miserable life. I had tried so hard to make it work, I got a job working on average 70 hours a week to survive, but the debts were too great. They weren't even mine, but they had been shoved onto me, not even sympathising that I had already lost so much.

Society was ruled by money. The rich preyed on the poor and the poor were ignored and left to survive on what little they had. No-one seemed to care anymore.

People smile at you, but no-one cares to ask how you actually are. People don't care to know.

Dear Miss Faye,

Due to a continuous fall behind in rent and a total rent arrears of £3,585, your flat will be repossessed within the next 30 days.

I couldn't bear to read any further. The first paragraph was enough to break my heart in two. I had nothing left. I was already in debt from my parents and their love of gambling, and now I couldn't keep up with the rent. I've lost everything. My family, gone. My home, soon to be taken from me. This home was all I had left.

What is the point of living when you have nothing left. No friends, no family, no worldly possessions, nothing.

Scrunching up the paper into a small ball, I threw it across the room watching it bounce off the wall and land on the sofa. I tugged at my hair as I screamed out in frustration.

None of this was my fault. I felt like giving up. I had felt like giving up a long time ago, but there was still a little hope. Now, I had none.

Jumping up from the spot I had been sat on the floor, I ran towards the front door and grabbed my keys before running out of the house and locking the door behind me.

I had completely ignored my neighbours and the friendly greeting of the door man, but his greeting soon turned into him shouting my name seeing my broken state. But no words could come out of my mouth. What was there left to say?

Picking up the pace, I ran along the dark and lonely road with no clue of where I was going. The sky lit up with lightning and a roar of thunder only encouraged me to run faster. People were hurrying to get out of the rain and into their warm homes, but I was running to escape the pain my miserable life had brought me.

I knew they were looking at me. I could feel their judgemental eyes on me. But with the tears and rain dripping down my face, I couldn't see them clearly. I couldn't see anything clearly anymore. My life was completely over. I had no options left. No way out.