Chapter 3: Introductions

Rosie

I woke up surrounded by warmth. The same smell I fell asleep too, was the same smell that I woke up to. It felt like home, whatever that felt like. My eyes fluttered open unsure at my whereabouts as I could be certain that I was not in my own bed.

It felt too comfortable, too big and too soft to be mine. You could tell someone paid a lot of money for this bed. Was I in a hotel? Did I go out drinking and got so drunk that I snuck into someone's house mistaking it as my own?

The room was themed a beautiful black and silver, it looked truly magnificent. But why was I here?

I sat up and leaned against the bed rest and took my time to explore the new room. I stared over at a desk and on it sat a large red hoodie. The hoodie that he gave me last night.

Oh my god.

All the events of the previous night came flooding back reminding me of what almost happened.

The bridge, the man, the car and now, I've ended up here.

Knock knock

What the hell do I do?

I shut my eyes not knowing what to do. It was awkward enough facing the man who saved me, but to stay in his house, I felt uncomfortable. I looked down at my body to see that I wasn't even wearing my clothes. Someone put me in new clothes. An oversized T-shirt with a pair of pyjama shorts. Did he undress me.

The pervert

"Dear?"

I peeped one eye open to see a friendly elderly woman poking her head through the door eager not to wake me.

"Oh, erm hello". She smiled sweetly at me and seeing I was awake walked in the room.

Damn this guy has a maid?

"I didn't mean to disturb you sweetheart, but I was just informing you that breakfast is ready".

I nervously chuckled and nodded. I sure hope he was not there. I wanted to get out of this house as quick as I could.

"What's your name?" I muttered anxiously wanting to come across as polite.

"Maria, dear. And what is yours ma'am".

I inwardly cringed when she called me ma'am. Made me sound entitled and pretentious.

"Uhh, it's just Rosie".

"That's a beautiful name. Now, come down when you're ready dear". She bid me farewell before dismissing herself and shut the door behind her.

I collapsed back on the bed and sighed as I stared up at the ceiling. Last night was a blur. Truthfully I couldn't even remember what the guy looked like, but then that was the last thing on my mind.

He saved my life so I guess I've gotta give him that.

Kicking back the duvet covers I jumped out of bed and walked over to the large mirror on the opposite side of the room.

"Oh lord have mercy".

I looked hideous. My hair was a complete mess, dark circles had formed under my eyes letting everyone know how stressed and tired I am and my skin was puffy and blotchy.

Time to face the music.

I turned away from the monster in the mirror and headed to the door the sweet lady exited from not long ago.

As I stepped out the door I was greeted by a sweet smelling waft of deliciousness that had entranced me. I followed the scent that was luring me closer and closer making me forget that I wasn't even in my own home.