Chapter 6: Hello again

Rosie

Thank goodness Dean dropped me when he did. I had completely forgotten about work. Truthfully I didn't think I'd still be here to take this shift, but stuff happens and here I am. I cannot say that I'm completely happy and back to normal, because I'm not. But being with Dean and Lucy made me hopeful. Maybe I should keep going. Maybe things will get better.

Pulling myself up off the floor, I hurried to the bathroom reluctantly taking off the comfy oversized hoodie and instead throw on the itchy and uncomfortable uniform. I didn't have time for a shower, so I topped my hair up with some dry shampoo and shrugged my shoulders at my scruffy look. But I'd rather look scruffy than end up with no job.

I sprinted through my flat gathering the essentials for the day before rushing towards the front door.

——————————

"Only just made your shift I see. I almost gave it away".

I ignored Tina's scrutinising stare and comment and continued to shove away my belongings in my locker as she carried on rambling about her kindness and me needing to be grateful. 

"I gotta run Tina. Have a fabulous day". 

Ensuring I looked somewhat decent in my locker mirror, I wiped myself down and slammed the locker door shut showing her that I was not in the mood for her shit. I didn't even expect to see her face again, but now, I was more motivated than ever to make my life count.

"Morning Jimmy". 

Grabbing my pen and paper I smiled up at the elderly chef who greeted me with a sharp wave before getting back to his cooking.

"Hey. Could you take my table 8, I need to call my doctor. Plus you're in for a treat, those guys be looking like snacks".

I sighed as Cindy rushed past me, not even waiting for me to give her an answer. But I didn't really mind. 

Ensuring my hair was tied up neatly, I let out a loud groan before putting on a brave face and made my way over to the large table with loads of people sat around it.

Unusually large for mid morning.

As I walked closer to the table, I inwardly groaned realising it was a table full of arrogant looking men. I stopped in front of the table grimaced uncomfortably as my gaze met a wicked smirk of one of the men.

Ignore it Rosie, just ignore him and get it over with.

"Hi my name is Rosie and I'll be your waitress. Can I get you some drinks?". I blushed a little as everyone's eyes turned to me making me feel small. They were all so intimidating.

"Rosie?".

A soft spoken voice yelled out from the side of the table. I strangely recognised her voice. Looking over at the young sounding voice, I smiled widely realising who it belonged to.

"Oh, hi Lucy". I waved shyly at her before turning my attention back to my notepad and pen. But when I realised she was here, my heart started racing at the possibility of who else was here. If Lucy was here, then Dean most certainly was. And as if he knew I was thinking about him, the man in front of me turned around with a shocked expression.

His cheeks reddened slightly and cleared his throat. He looked so damn hot yet adorable at the same time.

——————————-

Dean

This is ridiculous. I swore I didn't want to see her again for my own sake and look what happens. I had never been the loving type, but from the first glance she made my cold heart race. But my God, she looked overbearingly adorable in her little apron standing rather shyly in front of me and my men.

"I'll have a large black coffee sweetheart" Jackson muttered out whilst wearing his supposed signature smirk which seemed to always win him women. My stomach clenched seeing the way he stared at her. He subtly licked his lips as his eyes roamed over her body. He was my best friend, but I've never hated him more in those few seconds. A strange protective feeling swarmed over my body as he continued to make her nervous and uncomfortable.

"Rosie, can you please give us a minute". I turned back to Rosie to see her smiling in relief. She nodded her head at me before politely dismissing herself.

"Yo, what the fuck man, I want to order".

"Shut the hell up and listen. She is off limits. I saw that predatory look and she's not interested" I tried to sound calm and collected, but it simply wasn't good enough.

"Yeah, she's off limits because my brother has claimed her as his" Lucy yelled out making all my men laugh.

"Shh Lucy, that's rubbish. Listen, she's gone through hell and can guarantee it she's not interested in men like us. Please just show some decency and respect. Understood?"

Lucy scoffed loudly and turned her attention to the window.

"Wow, Jesus, Okay. I won't do or say anything but it ain't gonna stop me from staring at her". I clenched my fists tightly together underneath the table as he smirked at Thomas who was sitting next to him.

Before I could launch my fist into his stupid face, I felt a presence come up behind me. A sweet fragrant smell invaded my senses making me calm and at ease.

"Are you ready to order now?" She muttered softly.

I pushed my chair back and swivelled my body around so I was face to face with her.

"Yes thank you. Please can I have a full English breakfast with a regular cappuccino". She smiled sweetly at me and jotted down my order on her little notepad. She began to write away as my men gave her their orders and of course having to put up with Jackson's disgusting smirks.

She sharply dismissed herself heading back to the kitchen eager to hand the chef the large order.

Lucy

"So, when were you going to tell us about your girlfriend?" Dylan nudged Dean's side and snickered loudly for all to hear.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's nothing to me". Dean blurted out angrily.

We shall see about that. Time to become a matchmaker.