Chapter 23: Everyone deserves love

Lucy

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I stumbled over to Dean's door and knocked on it louder than I had expected to. I hoped I hadn't disturbed Rosie, but I didn't need to worry about Dean. He never slept much. I could swear he was a vampire.

I cannot function without at least 10 hours sleep.

"Dean? You awake?". Pushing the door open, I peered around and scanned for movement in his very neat and tidy room. But as I expected, he wasn't here. In fact, it looked like he hadn't been here for hours.

Strange.

Closing the door quietly I tiptoed down the hall and peered my head down the stairway to see all the lights off. Well he's not having breakfast then.

Turning my attention back to the only room possible, I edged closer towards Rosie's room and breathed heavily outside her door. I don't know why, but I had a huge hunch that I'd find him in her room. Not sure why though as that'd be creepy.

"Good morning dearie".

Awful timing Maria.

"Good morning" I whispered back hoping Rosie wouldn't have awoken and be standing right by the door ready to question my actions.

"Would you like a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich?"

God I love this woman. She always knows what I want.

"Yes please. I'll be down in a minute". Maria stroked my head softly and nodded before trudging down the stairs.

Turning my attention back to Rosie's door, I grabbed the handle and twisted it slowly. As I pushed the door open, I realised that I had forgot to knock.

"Oh my god".

My eyes fell upon the sweet vanilla smelling room that had sunlight slowly seeping through the curtains. But my eyes were only glued to the bed. There she was. Rosie was sleeping soundlessly resting against him. Dean was slouching next to her on the bed in a rather uncomfortable looking position with his arm over her waist.

Fangirling moment.

I clamped my hand over my mouth desperately trying to restrain the girly squeal that was about to escape my mouth.

I knew he had a soft spot for her. I knew she liked him. And I knew his self built walls were soon going to come crashing down.

Leaving the door slightly ajar, I sprinted out of the room and hurried down stairs eager for Maria to see the rare sight.

"MARIA" I whisper yelled. Maria's face paled as she ran out of the kitchen staring at me worryingly.

"What is it? Are you alright?". Her face relaxed as she met my ecstatic face.

"You need to see this". Grabbing Maria's hand I yanked her up the stairs with me and straight down the hall to Rosie's room.

"I've been waiting for this day" she whispered softly as she smiled at Dean and Rosie.

"Hold on, I gotta get a picture". Pulling my phone out from my hoodie pocket I opened up the camera app and took several pictures before switching the camera around and taking a selfie with the sleeping couple.

"Shhh. He's waking up".

Shoving my phone back into my pocket and folding my arms across my chest I smiled innocently at my brother as he scanned around the room looking confused.

Dean stared down at Rosie before slowly turning his attention back to Maria and I. His sleepy face suddenly turned into a pathetic glare as he could read me like an open book. He knew every thought that was swarming through my mind.

Dean cautiously got off the bed in hopes of not waking up Rosie who was still sleeping peacefully. Grabbing his phone Dean walked towards us with a glare still plastered on his face. He ushered us outside the door and closed it behind him.

"Good morning Maria. Would you please get me a coffee as I need to head to the office early this morning".

Maria smiled adoringly at Dean and nodded subtly. I could tell she was desperately trying to hold back her comments on finding Dean with Rosie, but she was good and always restrained herself, something that I wasn't capable of.

Maria excused herself politely and headed downstairs.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he whisper yelled as I started zooming in on my phone desperately trying not to laugh whilst taking pictures of his angry face.

"Taking photos of my favourite couple, duh".

"Jesus Christ, let it go alright. She's too perfect for someone like me". Dean shook his head before standing up and started walking past me to head into his bedroom.

Mood killer.

"Hey! Dean wait". Dean stopped at his bedroom door and shook his head.

"Look at me you numpty".

Dean slowly turned around and stared at me with a blank face.

"I hope you're not trying to say that you're a bad person".

He was the furthest thing from a bad person. Yes he had done bad things, but that was called survival. We were born into a world of pain and violence and had no way of escape. Dean was my protector, my source of comfort and security and the only true family I had left. As much as he felt he didn't deserve love, in my eyes that was the one thing that was missing in his troubled life. In my eyes, he was more deserving of it more than anyone.

"Dean, stop beating yourself up over the past. What we've had to do to survive, what we've been through has been out of our control. But what I do know is that the reason I'm standing here today is because of you. Mum and dad were killed and we were supposed to be too, but you have saved us. You were forced to do bad things to save us, to save me. Everyone deserves forgiveness and love and I know how bad you want it. So please, don't throw this one chance away. She makes you happy, please don't let her go".

Dean's head slumped down to face the floor, tears welled up his eyes as he shook his head.

"I can't. As much as I want to, I don't want to bring her into my world. She'll be seen as another weakness of mine. They'll try to hurt her like they did with you. She's gone through enough. It would be selfish of me to bring her into my life".

"Then why were you in her room?".

"I heard her scream last night. I didn't even think, I just ran. I couldn't leave her like that. You remember you used to have nightmares? Well she was having a nightmare and I had to make sure she was okay. So I went to check on her and ensure she was okay. She asked me to stay and truthfully, I couldn't refuse her. I stayed by her side as she fell back asleep, but without her knowing, I too fell asleep by her side. But the crazy thing was that I had the best and most peaceful sleep in a long time. I had no nightmares or flashbacks. Her presence brought me peace".

You're in love you big fool. Just admit it.

"She brings you peace and you bring her comfort. Don't forget that. I have to get ready for school". Placing a kiss on Dean's cheek I turned away from my big brother and headed over to my bedroom.

"Thank you" he called out making my face light up in hopes that for once he took in my words.

"Oh, and we've been invited to James and Isabella's this Friday".

I turned around with a frown on my face.

"And Rosie?".

Dean nodded slowly with a smile.

"And Rosie too".

"You're in for a good time. You know James will be interrogating you on this love you have for Rosie".