Chapter 15: Stay with me

Dean

"Rosie, what on earth is going on?".

Rosie trudged out of the flat with a forlorn expression and tear streak marks trailing down her face. I wanted to embrace her in my arms and never let go of her. It hurt me to see her so sad. It reminded me of the way she looked on the night I had first met her.

"Why is your home being repossessed?".

Rosie shook her head in disbelief and lowered her head to the floor in shame. As if she ever had anything to be ashamed about in front of me.

"My parents. They got in a great amount of debt. Once they died, it was left to me. I've tried asking for help and worked endless hours, but I couldn't keep up with the rent. I've got nowhere to go". By the time she had stopped talking she was now sobbing into her hands shaking uncontrollably.

Anger flooded through my veins listening to her heart wrenching sobs. Sweet Rosie, she didn't deserve this pain, this helplessness. None of this was her fault, yet here she was with the world on her shoulders. Was this the reason she wanted to end everything?

I watched tensely as the bailiff officers stuck a note of eviction on her door. They instructed her to remove all her important belongings and then to come back a week later to collect the rest of her items.

I controlled the urge to punch them in their faces for making Rosie cry, but I knew they were just doing their job.

"Babygirl" I muttered out shakily feeling her pain and helplessness.

"I've got nowhere to go" she mumbled frantically to her self.

Grasping her shoulders gently, I grabbed her attention and handed her a tissue from a packet in my jacket pocket handing it to her to wipe away the tears I never wanted to see.

"You're coming with me".

Rosie's eyes instantly widened and shook her head profusely.

"N-no. I'll stay in a hotel and then move elsewhere".

Bless her for thinking she has a choice.

"I wasn't asking Rosie. I was telling you".

Strolling past her, I bent down and reached for one of her bags piled high with clothes and began to walk back to my car that was parked on the other side of the road.

"Hey! Put the bag down Dean". I chuckled as I heard her run after me huffing and puffing in frustration.

"Why? You're staying with me. You need clothes. Or you can walk around naked. Believe me, I wouldn't mind". I could hear Rosie muttering profanities under her breath as she grabbed the handle of the bag and attempted to yank it out of my grip.

"Dean. Give me back my clothes" she yelled loudly as she tried to retrieve the bag from my tight grip.

"No".

"Yes".

"Nope".

"Yes-aah look what you've done" she stomped her foot in frustration as we both stared down at the broken bag now in both of our hands and clothes sprawled over the grass.

"Thanks Dean".

Rosie crouched down to pick up at the clothes, but a certain item of clothing caught my eye. My favourite red hoodie. It had been missing for quite some time, but now I caught the thief red handed.

As I crossed my arms across my chest and stood back looking down at her with a confident smirk, I saw her freeze on the floor as she also stared at my hoodie.

"Oh, how an earth did that get in there?".

Nice try sweetheart.

Rosie held up the much too big for her hoodie and looked back at me with a fake flabbergasted expression.

"Hmm. That is very strange. There must be a logical explanation". I decided to play along to see how far Rosie would go, but I think deep down Rosie knew I already knew how my hoodie found its way in her clutches.

"Come on, let's go". Scooping up the rest of her clothing and carrying the pile in my arms, I decided to leave her hanging on the hoodie conversation. We could talk about that at home.

"Dean, seriously. I cannot stay with you". Shoving her clothes in the backseat of my car I turned round with a huge smile on my face and shook my head.

"You can and you will. Rosie."

Rosie lowered her head to the ground and stood on the pavement with one of her large bags in her hand.

"Rosie". Walking over to her I gently grabbed her chin and lifted her head up so her eyes could meet mine. But the stubborn girl kept her eyes on the floor refusing me the chance to gaze into her beautiful eyes.

"Stay with me babygirl. Take time to figure out what and where you want to go. Please, let me help you Rosie".

I held her chin softly in my grip and watched as her cheeks turned a deep shade of red. She tried pulling her head out of my hand, but I wouldn't let her go.

"Dean, stop that" she muttered quietly keeping her eyes fixed on my chest.

"Stop what?".

"Don't call me that".

"Call you what?" I teased.

"Y-you know" she continued to blush.

"Babygirl? Nope. That nickname now belongs to you. I think it suits you".

Rosie bit her bottom lip harshly and smiled but with her eyes still fixated on my chest.

"Let's go home". Reluctantly pulling away I grabbed her bags and carried them to the car occasionally glancing behind at Rosie who was now staring between the different bags unsure of what to grab first.

Hopefully she will still accept dinner.

Once all her bags were packed into the car, I gestured Rosie towards the passenger side and smirked as her cheeks reddened as she walked past me.

She's freaking adorable.

Double checking the surroundings I hopped into the car before putting my seat belt over my body and switched the engine on. Glancing at Rosie from the corner of my eye I could see her fidgeting slightly as she played with her fingers.

"Oh. There's someone that really wants to see you". Pulling away from her flat I tried to make small talk in hopes to distract her from the sad reality of being evicted.

"Lucy" Rosie smiled before turning to me, her eyes gleaming like a child at Christmas.

"She asked for you. But first, we need to eat".

"Dean. I don't"-

"It's okay. I'm paying. And no, don't fight it babygirl".

Smirking over at Rosie, I chuckled as I saw her sink down in her chair as her cheeks blushed.

———————————

"Hello welcome to McDonald's. What can I get you today?"

"Hello, can I get a regular BigMac meal with fries and a coke.

"Of course, anything else?"

I glanced over at Rosie who shrugged back at me with a panicked expression.

"Yes. I'll have a box of 20 chicken nuggets oh and a cheeseburger happy meal with fries and a Fruit shoot".

I shuddered as I almost forgot to order Lucy anything. She'd murder me if she knew I went to McDonald's and not got her her favourite meal.

"Dean, you didn't have to".

"Nope. You said next time to give you a box of chicken nuggets and so that's what I'm doing".

She huffed loudly and rolled her eyes before turning away from me in the chair.

Fuck, what she's doing to me.