Chapter 37: The past

Rosie

Dean grabbed my hand pulling me away from the comfort of the sofa and out the front door.

I let him. We both needed closure and scarily enough we both had to transport ourselves back to the past. In order to move forward, we had to take a step back. I didn't know where he was taking me, but all I knew was that it was somewhere important.

As we drove down the dark lonely road, I glanced over at Dean to see his hands gripping the wheel tightly with a nervous and tense expression. He seemed to be on edge, nervous, fearful perhaps and I would've paid tons of money to know what was on his mind. But he simply said nothing.

Resting my head against the window I sighed deeply wondering where an earth he was taking me. We had been driving for what had felt like ages, but in reality it had only been 45 minutes. Dean still hadn't said a word but would only occasionally glance my way.

"We're here". His voice was sad and cold as he stepped out of the car and walked his way around to my side. Clicking off my seat belt, I placed my hand into Dean's awaiting palm and allowed him to help me out of the car.

Stepping out onto the beautiful green grass covered with little daises, my eyes flew up in the moonlight sky and realised that we were stood in a graveyard.

"D-Dean?" I whispered out softly before turning around confused by the lack of response. But he wasn't stood behind me. I twirled around desperately hoping to seek him out in the dark and spooky graveyard. But thankfully my eyes fell upon his tall figure crouching down before a single grave surrounded by flowers.

Gulping down my nerves, I walked cautiously towards him, tears pricking the lining of my eyes as a beautiful picture of a young girl came into view on a gravestone.

Lucy Penelope Gray.

02/06/2006 - 21/08/2017

The world has lost it's fearless warrior, but heaven has gained an angel.
May your light continue to shine forever.

I knelt down beside Dean and rested one hand on the beautiful inscription on Lucy's gravestone. I closed my eyes and remembered her infectious smile and her laugh that could brighten anyone's day. I wanted to cry, yet all I could do was smile. That's the effect Lucy had on all of us. She wouldn't want us to cry. She would want us to smile and remember the happy memories we had with her.

"I'm sorry" Dean whispered sadly making my heart clench. I didn't even know if he was saying sorry to me or not, but I didn't question him. Now was not a time for questions. I just wanted to listen.

"She loved you".

My heart skipped a beat as Dean broke the silence. He sat down in front of the grave with his head in his hands. I could tell he was on the verge of breaking down.

"She talked about you every single day since I first met you. She didn't have many friends due to our lifestyle, but you were the best thing to happen to her. The best thing she needed".

I promised I wouldn't cry, but I could feel my eyes welling up as Dean carried on talking.

"It hurts to think about the life she had. Life was not fair to us, especially her. Our parents ran a mafia. Neither of us were old enough to understand. I just thought it was a large business. That was until one day our home was invaded by some scary looking men".

I shakily sat down beside Dean and hesitantly rested my hand on his shoulder. I had never heard Dean and Lucy's background, yet I knew it was not going to be a pleasant one.