Chapter 16: Fate

Lucy

My body still ached tremendously as I readjusted myself on the itchy and uncomfortable bed. No matter which way I moved I couldn't get comfortable. I was restless and on edge. Not only was I attacked, but Dean had hurt and lost his one chance at happiness. No one knew my brother as well as me. No one knew the pain he once suffered and still suffers with to this day. He deserved happiness and I was going to make sure he got it.

Picking at the one of the delicious grapes, I began to read through one of my magazines eager to distract myself from the uneasy surroundings.

"She's in this room".

Dean stepped in with a shy smile.

"I'm still mad at you" I growled out, still angry at my brother's actions.

His smile dropped and he looked at the floor in shame. He looked sad. Really sad.

"There's someone here to see you".

As Dean moved away from door my eyes widened seeing Rosie waving shyly from the door.

"Rosie!" I gasped loudly and held my arms out towards her.

Rosie rushed over to me and embraced me in a hug. Whatever Dean had done, he did right. Maybe he was scared of my threat for he knew that I would ruin him if he did nothing.

"Lucy, oh my goodness I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so sorry this happened to you". I could see the guilt in her eyes. I could see it in both of their eyes and it hurt. It was not their fault. Perhaps it was mine for being careless, but I only wanted to see them happy. I thought Dean had ruined it, but somehow he managed to redeem himself.

"Hey, I'm okay. Look! I'm a badass warrior".

I lifted up my top revealing my stomach and showed everyone the bandage.

"Lucy, sweetheart" Rosie sighed heavily.

"Sweetheart? Ew. No thanks. I prefer to be called fearless, Queen or badass. I will end up with a wicked scar. Oh gosh, I could make up stories and tell my future children that I fought and defeated a dragon".

"Lucy, you're 11. Stop talking about having children".

Trust Dean to ruin a cheerful conversation.

"Shush butthead, I am talking to Rosie not you".

Dean rolled his eyes and shook his head. I loved winding my brother up, however, after what he did and said to Rosie I was going to make his life a living hell.

"Doctor? Does my sister have the all clear?".

"I'll get the papers and then you may leave".

The doctor excused himself from the room leaving the 3 of us alone in the peace and quiet.

"I hope you'll have dinner with us before you go Rosie" I grabbed her hand fighting the urge to call her my future sister in law but I knew I'd get one hell of a lecture from Dean. I didn't even know their current situation. Were they on good terms? Or was she just here for me?

"Um about that, I err"-

"Rosie is going to be living with us".

"Damn, skipped the whole dinner date did we? Already moving in, what's next marriage?"

Dean sputtered loudly and Rosie's face paled before staring down at the floor, her cheeks reddening by the second.

"No. She's moving in temporarily until she can find somewhere else to live" Dean said rather harshly making Rosie's eyebrows frown slightly.

Well done for sounding like an butt Dean.

"Oh, is everything okay Rosie?"

"Yes, she's fine. Everything is fine" Dean butted in whilst turning away and beginning to pack my bags.

"Actually, once again jerk face I was talking to Rosie, not you".

Rosie's frown quickly turned into a subtle smile as she tried to contain her laugh as I continued insulting Dean.

"Y-Yeah, just a few issues. It'll be okay though. I honestly could've stayed elsewhere but Dean kinda protested".

Atta boy.

"Oh, well this sounds like fun. We can paint each other's nails, have boy talk, pizza night everyday of the week and oh my gosh it's going to be perfect".

From the corner of my eye I could see Dean shaking his head with a huge smile on his face.

This is even better than the dinner date, this was a chance to work my magic and make them both see what they were missing and how much they needed one another.

"You can stay for as long as you want. Maybe even forever if you like it enough".

Rosie nodded slightly letting out an awkward chuckle at the notion.

These two have no idea what's coming their way.

————————————

Mature content

Unknown

"Boss! Oh shit, sorry didn't know you had company".

I growled in annoyance as the man burst through the office door without knocking interrupting my stress relief session with Lara or Laura, whatever the bitch's name is. The girl pulled her mouth away from my manhood and wiped the saliva off her chin before staring up at me wondering if she should carry on or leave.

"Leave us. Give us 3 minutes then get your ass back my office" I growled to the girl who nodded in submission and stood up on her little high heels before strutting herself out of my office.

Doing my trousers up I stared up at my man who was staring down at the floor in embarrassment and fear.

"What is so important that you had to disturb me".

"I bring you lots of updates. And I think you'll be very pleased by what I've found".

"Go on".

"First off, Lucy, Dean's little sister survived and is being released from hospital. Dean is of course angrier than ever".

I groaned in annoyance watching the hand on my watch tick away eager for my little slut to come back and continue her duty.

"Yes, and?"

The man smirked cunningly as he edged closer before handing me a picture.

"Boss, it appears your little dove and our rival have become acquainted with one another. It would seem that he has taken an interest in her. Her home was repossessed not so long ago and she was planning to flee probably after receiving your letter".

Interesting.

"It seems that Dean has invited your little dove to move in with him".

I stared down at the picture of Dean and my little dove surrounded by her possessions. Dean was gripping her chin and lifting her face up to meet his eyes. Anyone could see that Dean was catching feelings for her.

"Well, this is certainly excellent news".

My little dove was planning on running away from me, but now she's in the arms of the man I wanted dead for years. Fate is funny like that.