Chapter 19: Letting go

Rosie

"Another one".

Cindy and I clinked our glasses together as DJ Khaled's voice urged us to take another shot. He always managed to put in inspirational mottos into his songs and still made it sound good.

I had promised myself that I would only have a few drinks, but it had been long past that stage. I should've known 'a few drinks' wasn't something that Cindy ever did.

I'd lost count of the amount of drinks I had consumed and truthfully by now I was pretty spaced out. Probably wasn't the wisest idea going out drinking after the recent events. Poor Cindy was having to put up with my emotional breakdowns at random moments during the night.

"And so this is my puppy, his name is Tommy but we all call him Tom for short".

I didn't even have a clue who this girl was in the bathroom, but she was randomly sharing her life with both Cindy and I.

"Aw that's the most adorable dog ever, and Tom, I can't. I just want to steal him and cuddle him forever". My arm wrapped around the blonde haired girl's shoulder, both of us crying as we stared at the beautiful picture of the puppy.

"Come on Rosie, let's get you some water".

"Okay" I sniffled waving goodbye to the stranger and clamped my mouth shut not wanting to share the details of me potentially stalking her and kidnapping her dog.

Cindy dragged me to the bar and signalled over the bartender who started tending to her straight away.

How is she doing that? I normally get ignored.

"Here". Cindy handed me a glass of clear liquid.

"Noooo, I don't want water. Give me a shot of tequila, in fact why not the whole bottle".

I pushed the water away placed my head on the sticky bar surface sulking like a child who hadn't gotten their way.

"It's not water, it's vodka".

"Oh thank you!". Grabbing the glass I lifted it up to my lips and gulped the liquid down in one sip.

"How was the vodka?".

"It didn't have any taste, but oh well. Let's dance".

I reached out to grab Cindy's hand to pull her with me, but instead I grabbed some random guy's butt by accident. My hand to eye coordination was never good when I was drunk.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to touch your butt".

The handsome guy smiled and lent down towards me.

"It's okay hun, you can touch my butt whenever and wherever you like". He stood back and laughed wildly as my cheeks began to redden from embarrassment and attraction.

Before I could make some cringey comment back, I felt a hand grab mine and pull me into the sea of drunk people.

"Oh my gosh, you touched the butt".

"I didn't mean to, honestly".

Cindy snorted loudly and dragged us all the way into the middle of the dance floor before busting out her moves that suspiciously reminded me of those seen in White Chicks.

"Wow, where did you learn those dance moves, your grandma?" I yelled over the loud music.

"No, I learnt them from yours".

"Cow" I grumbled as my body began to move on it's on to the rhythm of the song blaring out into the nightclub.

The lights were dim, the bass low and crowds of people bumping into each other like waves. The smell of cigarettes and sweat reeked the nightclub making me dizzy as I twirled and danced to the beat. Even though my shoulders were heavy with life problems, I wanted to let go and lose complete control for once. For the first time in my life I wanted to forget everything and just have fun.