Chapter 30: Leave

Rosie

I could barely breathe standing next to James and Dean who were holding Lucy and crying uncontrollably. I couldn't even see properly due to the tears trickling down my cheeks. I didn't even know if I could muster up any words in this situation. I was too shocked. Too heartbroken. Too devastated to even open my mouth. All I could do was stare silently and cry. My heart ached for Dean. He lost his baby sister. His fearless warrior sister, cruelly taken away by a man high off power and lust.

"D-Dean, I"-

"James call the men and tell them we've got Rosie and to send 2 men here and drag Adam into the car trunk. I haven't finished with him".

Dean gently laid Lucy's still body on the floor before standing up and clicking his neck side to side. He glanced at me coldly not showing any emotion as he looked away and walked towards Adam who lay motionless on the floor. Dean kicked Adam harshly in the head before inhaling a deep breath of air. His aura was dark. His face full of rage. For the first time since I met him, I feared him.

He turned back around and walked back to Lucy gazing at her with tears in his eyes.

My hand involuntarily reached out and brushed Dean's shoulders in hopes of giving him some comfort in this incredibly sad time. But Dean pushed my hand off his shoulder and carried on walking towards Lucy.

"Dean?" James' voice sounded broken and sad as he walked up to Dean, but Dean moved himself away from James as he attempted to physically comfort him.

He crouched down and scooped his arms underneath her pale and bloodied body and slowly lifted her up cradling her to his chest. He stood away from both James and I, his chest was moving up and down as he stared down at his sister staring motionlessly up at the ceiling.

"Let's go". His voice was cold and dark as he began to walk away down the corridor.

"Are you hurt Rosie?".

I jumped at James' voice and turned to face him, but his confident powerful aura was long gone. Here before me stood a broken man who looked like he had lost a friend, a child.

"N-no, I'm ok". James checked me over before nodding slowly placing his hand on my lower back and leading me down the hall and out to safety with a gun in hand. Even though they had saved me, we weren't out safely yet.

The corridors were dark and silent as we walked back out of the maze. James covered my eyes and guided me away from the bloodied bodies on the floor trying to shield my eyes away from the grizzly sight. But I had seen it all. I was too numb to care.

"Bloody hell. Thought you were the enemy". James' hand had clamped over my mouth as we turned a corner bumping into 2 other men. The men whispered hushed words to one another and turned to the direction we had come from. I could hear my name being mentioned several times, but I didn't care to question them. I wanted to check on Dean. I wanted to comfort him.

"W-where's Dean?" I asked quietly interrupting their conversation, but thankfully they heard me and stopped talking instantly.

"He's made it outside to the car ma'am". They smiled sadly at me before looking back at James and nodding sternly.

James pressed his hand on my back and pushed me forwards slightly, but the men who were with us were running the opposite direction to us.

"Where are they going?". James gripped my hand tightly and began to ran down the corridor.

"They've been instructed to bring Adam with us. He's going to wish you'd have killed him". James' voice was cold as he escorted me out of the building. His words sank in making me shiver at the thought of what Dean would do to him. He would be ruthless. I had never seen a dark side to Dean but from the way he looked and spoke I could tell he would not be letting Adam die for a long while.