Chapter 25: Impulsive

Rosie

"Thank you so much for the dinner. It was wonderful".

James wrapped his arm around Isabella tighter and stared down at her with admiration.

"It's our pleasure. Hope to see you again Rosie".

I felt a small tap on my shoulder and noticed Dean holding out my coat towards me with a small smile. My cheeks began to heat up from his very small yet kind gesture. Avoiding his gaze I grabbed the coat from his hands and mumbled a quiet thank you before turning back towards the beautiful hosts but noticed James staring at Dean with a smirk on his lips.

"Well we best be off. Got an early start tomorrow". Dean wrapped his arm around Lucy and stared down at his sister who was yawning uncontrollably.

"Of course. I best start getting ready for bed. Got to keep up my beauty sleep". Isabella excused herself and waved us all goodnight.

"You don't need it, you're already beautiful" James shouted after her making her blush and run off around the corner. My goodness they were so in love. I'd kill to have a love like theirs.

"You're right though. You best be off. But Rosie, may I have a word?".

Me? Why would he want a word with me?

Dean stared between James and I with a frown. Probably wondering why his friend would want to talk to me in private.

"Sure. Rosie, we'll be waiting in the car".

I watched Lucy and Dean walk out the door occasionally turning to glance at both James and I.

"I do apologise Rosie, but I just wanted to have a chat in private".

This man was incredibly intimidating with his smooth voice and gorgeous looks.

"That's alright. What did you wish to talk about?".

James lent against the beautifully decorated walls and crossed his arms across chest accentuating his very large muscles.

"I don't know how well you know Dean and Lucy, but I just want to tell you that they have not had the easiest life. They've experienced a hell of a lot and at times I do worry about Dean and his well-being, but I'm sure over time he will tell you more. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is the happiest I've seen him in a very long while. Just, please, look out for them both Rosie".

He was a stern looking man, but he had the softest voice I'd ever heard, the type of voice that could calm a chaotic storm.

"I will do. Goodnight Mr Richardson".

"Please, call me James. Anyone that's a friend of Dean is a friend of mine" he smiled before waving me off.

************

The next day - 

"Shall we move onto the next tub of ice cream or did you want another packet of Oreos?". Lucy opened up the fridge and freezer and shrugged at me.

"Lucy, I can't eat anything else. I feel like I've gained 10lbs in one hour".

Lucy was so excited that Dean let me and her go to the shops to buy junk food for our girls night. Apparently Dean never let her go out anywhere without guards. A part of me wanted to ask why, but then I remember what James had told me and shut my mouth not wanting to intrude on their privacy. I was only a lodger and not part of their family.

"What? Look at you, you're blessed with a beautiful body that doesn't gain any weight. As for me I eat a cookie and bam that's like 2lbs added onto my stomach". Lucy grabbed at her slim stomach and attempted to make a mouth out of her non existent rolls.