Chapter 10: Big Mistake

Rosie

"She still hasn't turned up" I mumbled out hoping to get rid of the tense silence.

Nervously, I stared up at Dean only to realise he was deep in thought as he stared down at the deep red roses.

"I don't think she's going to" he chuckled as he mumbled under his breath.

Dean turned quiet again and his demeanour turned cold leaving us only surrounded by the sounds of nature. For some reason, I felt uncomfortable. Dean was handsome and kind, but I felt on edge and desperately wanted to get the hell out of there.

"I, erm, I should probably get going".

I turned away from Dean and started walking in the opposite direction, but before I could take another step, Dean firmly grabbed my wrist and pulled me around to face him.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked angrily whilst snatching my arm out of his tight grip. I rubbed against the soft skin as I stared at Dean in shock at his sudden outburst.

Dean's eyes suddenly widened, his gaze almost apologetic as he pulled his hand away.

"I'm sorry, I just, fucking hell".

Dean looked confused and conflicted reminding me of a child who'd lost their way home and had no clue how to get back.

Dean walked closer towards me, locking his piercing dark eyes on mine. His kind and gentle demeanour suddenly vanished and instead he looked like a boss, a powerful man who was not to be messed with.

Who is this Dean Gray? And why is my body reacting in such a powerful way to him. He was like a drug. I craved more and more of his presence everyday yet for unknown reasons, I feared him. He reminded me of those men.

Dean suddenly stopped a few feet away from me and reached his arm out once again. I trembled back slightly at the uncertainty of the situation, but he instantly noticed my reaction and halted mid movement.

"Please don't be afraid of me. I'd never hurt you".

His voice was way too soft and gentle for a man of such dominance and power, but I wanted to hear more of it. I wanted to hear him say my name and soothe me from this world of cruelty and pain.

I stood my ground as Dean once again reached his arm out and rested his pointer finger against my chin. Gently lifting up my face to meet his beautiful gaze, I quivered under his intense stare. Frozen like a statue, I desperately tried to control my breathing as Dean's eyes roamed over my every facial feature like a sculptor would with their work.

"D-Dean, what are you doing?"

Dean brought his eyes back up to meet mine and smiled adoringly making my heart race seeing the happiness on his face. Dean's mouth moved, but no words came out. Instead it was as if he was whispering something to himself. But I was no expert in lip reading and didn't have a clue what he said.

"I don't know why you have such an effect on me Rosie".

"Dean-"

"Come out for dinner with me Rosie".

-----------------------------------------------

Unknown

They looked so loved up, too bad that's another weakness of his that we will have to eliminate in order to break him.

Taking another picture of Dean with the girl, I smiled wildly knowing I would definitely be getting a bonus from the boss this month. We would be another step closer to destroying Dean Gray.

As I continued to take more pictures, I noticed a small girl hiding in the bushes not far in front of me staring up at the couple secretly.

Could it be?

The young girl suddenly turned around and pulled out her phone from her pocket smiling with glee as she too began to capture photos of Dean and the girl.

Well well well. What a perfect opportunity to hurt Dean. There's nothing more precious than his little sister.

Mature content ahead

Reaching into my coat pocket, I pulled out my black balaclava and tugged it over my face before grabbing my small knife from within my pocket.

"Let this be a warning Dean".

Treading quietly, I stealthily snuck up to the little girl, hiding behind trees as I walked hoping to not capture her attention before I could strike. Just as I was a few feet away, little Lucy spun around hearing the leaves crunch beneath my feet. Her eyes widened in shock and stumbled back in fear as I pulled out the knife from behind my back. Lucy opened her mouth to scream, but before she could I ran the knife against her pale skin deeply.

A piercing scream erupted in the once peaceful park as Lucy clutched her bloody wound. She desperately cried for help as she struggled to get away, but as she continued to scream I lifted the knife up once more and held it tauntingly before her face.

"Sweet dreams little Lucy".