Chapter 27: My love

Dean

My blood was boiling, my body trembling, and my eyes were clouded with rage. He dared to take the two important people in my life, and he would beg for mercy when I got a hold of him. I tried to forget my dark past of death and destruction, but now I had fallen back into the darkness and a desire for blood overtook my body.

"How did Lucy get kidnapped if she was guarded at home?". James was trying to help me calm down, but he was incapable. I would only be calm when Adam was buried deep in the ground and I had Rosie and Lucy safe in my arms.

"Dean, I found Nathan, dead in a pool of his own blood in Lucy's bedroom. You sent him to watch over her. There was no sign of a break in. It had to be someone that knew the ins and outs of my house. Someone that has been there often, someone who-"

"I know exactly who's responsible for Nathan's death and Lucy's kidnap".

"Who?".

"Jackson" I growled out. It all made sense now. All the alarm bells were ringing off, giving Rosie the drink, always staying late at the office, and he knew how to get into my home undetected. We had a mole in our gang.

"Bloody bastard" James growled lowly.

"But why would Adam want Rosie. Unless he saw us kiss. Oh of course, Jackson. He knew how I felt about her". James cocked his gun and stared up at me with a smirk on his lips.

"You kissed? About time. Is it official between you two?".

Trust James to find the good in a dire situation.

"Yeah, something like that. But we're wasting seconds". Chucking over a loaded gun to one of my men, I ran a hand through my hair and stared at the cars that were fully loaded with armed men and car boots packed with varieties of weapons. When it comes to family, I don't mess around. And especially when the girl I had strong feelings for was in his snare too.

"Well then, let's go get your girls back". James stood up and patted me firmly on my shoulder.

"Men, this is a rescue mission. Your priorities are Lucy and Rosie. Goodness knows what we'll be walking into, but you've all had extensive training for this very moment. Kill any of these fuckers on sight, but leave Adam for Dean and I" James yelled out for all to hear.

I admired James. Even though he swore to never return to the mafia lifestyle and live the rest of his life in solitude he would do anything for Lucy and now Rosie too. He was a stern man but he did not mess around when it came to saving those he cared about.

"Get into your cars. We leave in 2 minutes".

A moment of pride swarmed my body seeing my men take their places into their cars lifting each other up with motivation and words of encouragement.

"James". Isabella came rushing out of the house in a silk dressing gown with tears pouring down her face. I watched silently as James embraced his wife lifting her off the ground and hugging her tightly, her face nuzzled into his chest.

"J-James, please stay".

James stared down at her with concern and gently wiped away the endless tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Baby, I have to go. I need to help rescue Lucy and Rosie. Dean needs my help. It's my job to save and rescue the innocent".

Isabella sobbed loudly making my heart clench. I knew how hard this was for her. She feared losing James. She feared the past repeating itself after James swore to never get involved in mafia business again. Her love for James was undeniable.

"P-promise me you'll come back to me".

James stared at his wife with concern and unease. I could tell he was just as conflicted as she was. He knew the odds of making it out of this situation alive and I could tell he was scared.