Chapter 14: Leave

Rosie

I've never moved so much in my entire life. I could hardly sleep last night as the memories of the note haunted my every second. He knew. He knew where I was. I had to get away. There were too many bad memories here. I wasn't wanted here anyway. Dean made that very clear.

I didn't have much to my name and didn't have time to transport all my heavier belongings, so I packed up what I could and arranged for a taxi to take me to the airport. It was going to happen sooner or later, the bailiffs were coming to repossess the flat anytime soon anyway.

Grabbing the last of my bags, I flung my coat on and double checked all my belongings.

Knock knock

Perfect timing. The taxi had arrived.

Swiftly unlocking the door, I pulled the door open eager to tell the taxi driver that I would be only a moment, but instead met the last person I wanted to see right now.

Anger flooded through my system as Dean looked at me with a sad smile.

Grabbing the door I went to slam it shut, but before I could, Dean stuck his foot in the doorway refusing me the chance to shut the door.

Slamming it repeatedly against his foot in anger and frustration I glared up at him not caring if I hurt his foot. But the rage only worsened as he simply stared at me with a blank expression.

"What the hell do you want?" I growled out giving up on my attempts to shut him out.

"Rosie, I"-

"I'm surprised you called me that. I thought I was nothing to you or anyone for that matter". All the emotions I had kept bottled up for a long time were starting to unravel and pour out.

"Rosie, everything I said was a lie".

Well that sentence alone is one big lie.

"Bullshit. Why else would you say it?"

"Because I was angry. I was afraid. I didn't know if Lucy was going to wake up".

"That's not an excuse to say the things you did".

Suddenly a car pulled up alongside side the pavement with the familiar taxi logo. Dean's head whipped over to the taxi and then back to me.

"Where are you going?" he blurted out as if he had a right to know.

"Doesn't concern you". I shut him down harshly making him frown.

"Rosie, please. I'm sorry. What I said was disgusting and I don't expect you to forgive me anytime soon. But I'm truly sorry. I lashed out at you because of my sister's situation and"-

"Now you regret it. Of course. I'm so sorry for your sister's situation, but that doesn't allow you a free pass to insult and put me down".

The taxi horn beeped loudly capturing my attention and I held my hand up to signal for him to wait. The elderly man smiled sweetly and nodded understanding I wouldn't be long.

"You hurt me. You hurt me so bad Dean. I barely know you yet you knew the situation you found me in. You knew how much shit I went through and you have the audacity to say those words. Words hurt Dean".

Dean edged closer towards me. One hand was behind his back for some reason, but his closeness made me anxious.

"Rosie, I'm so sorry. Please, let me make it up to you. Lucy's awake and when she asked where you were and I told her, she flipped. Please Rosie, I, I have an unexplainable pull to you and I regret ever saying to stay away. I can't stay away".