1. The Start of Something New

" MIDNIGHT MEMORIES, OH OH OH OOOOH BABY YOU AND ME STARTED IN THE STREET SING IT SING IT SING IT SING IT" my alarm went off. I rolled off my bed and pressed snooze on my phone. Ya, I like- no more like love One Direction. I walked to my closet and looked at the inside of the door, which was covered in posters of One Direction, and Five seconds of summer might I add. I walked into my closet. My dad and mom work for a science company called Avonis. He gets paided a lot (plus I'm an only child). So I have a walk in closet, and my own bathroom. I look at my clothes. Mmmmmmmm, what should I wear today. I put on my high-waisted gray jeans and a white crop top that has blue on the collar and sleeves.

Oh, I got to brush my teeth. I walked into my bathroom, and looked into the mirror. I brush my teeth and curled my red hair. I love the colors red and blue. I grab my phone and run down stairs.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY!!!!" my mom and my dad yell as soon as I walk into the kitchen. Oh yeah, todays the 11th of september. I'm officially 18!!! "Thanks so much!I say giving them hugs.

"This is for you." my mom says while she gives me a small white box with a blue bow. I pull off the bow and opened the box. Inside sat a ring. It had a silver band with with a sapphire surrounded by....... crystals, I think. Sapphire is my birthstone.

" It's beautiful! I love It! I'll wear it today. Thank you." I said pulling them into another big hug.

" Your welcome, sweetie." my mom said.

"I made your favorite." my mom said pointing to the table. BUTTERMILK PANCAKES!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I sat down and started eating.

* * *

I looked at the clock. 7:54...... AHHH I'm late.

" Crap, I'm late! Bye, love you!" I said grabing my bag and rushing out the door.

I walk to school, so I have to leave the house a 7:50. I walk into school and people kept saying "happy Birthday".

" Hey Bestie, happy birthday!" Emma and Delia say giving me a card.

" You guys didn't need to get me anything." I said opening up the letter. Yay, a Forever 21 gift card.

" Thanks, I've been needing to go shopping lately!" I say.

* * *

I was in the middle of math class. Let me just say.....BORING!!!!

"Kayla Green to the office please." a voice booms over the intercom. I get up and leave the classroom. I walk into the office.

"Come with me." Mrs. Reed says leading me into a empty room.

" Now, Kayla I called you down here because there is some news regarding your parents." She says. Get to the point lady, what is this about?

"I'm very sorry, your parents have recently been in a car accident, they unfortunately did not make it". What....No.....This can not be happening. My throats starts to hurt. I know that feeling, I'm going to cry.

"So, They're gone" I ask, my voice cracking.

"I'm afraid so." she says. I feel the tears start streaming down my face. What was I going to do? Where am I going to live? Both of my grandparents have already passed.

"Now the police want to go over what is going to happen, so please go pack your stuff." she says handing me a note.

"Ok." I say my voice weak.

"I'm very sorry sweetie..." She says giving me a small hug.

I'm walking down the hall, and I get a few weird looks from some people. What do I have something on my face.....Shoot, My make up!! I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. Oh, I looked like I've been through a tornado. I try rubbing off with my sleeve, And it makes It worse.