4. The kiss...

I finally made it to my apartment. I looked at my phone. 19 missed calls and 22 un-answered text messages from Niall. I didn't want to talk to anyone besides Emma. I called her.

"Hey Emma speaking," she said.

"H-hi Em. c-can you come sleep over?" I say crying.

"Yeah, but you have to tell me why your crying??" she says hanging up before I can answer.

* * *

"H-Oh my god what happened to your eye?" Emma asks as soon as I open the door. She threw her bag on the floor and rushed towards me.

"I slipped and hit my eye on the bathroom counter, but that was yesterday so its okay," I say hugging her.

"Ok, so what happened then?" she asks referring to earlier.

"I went shopping with Niall and the boys and they asked why didn't my parents take me to the hospital and I tried to tell them But I started thinking about my parents and almost crying so I ran," I said in one sentence.

"What, why did you run?" she says bringing me over to the couch.

"I didn't want Niall to see me cry. I would've felt very weak. It felt like the only thing to do," I said calming down.

"Has Niall tried calling you?" she asks.

"19 times..." I said.

"That's good! It means he cares about you!" she says.

"Yeah, But I never called him back! He probably thinks I am a this insane oversensitive girl." I say realizing that, that didn't really make sense.

"There is only one way to find out," she said handing me my phone.

"No! He probably hates me!" I say rejecting the phone. She gives me a look and then hands me the phone again.

Ok," I say. I go onto contacts and press call. He answers right away.

"Kayla! Oh my god I've been worried sick! Are you okay?" he shouts.

"Yeah I'm fine. I feel like I have some explaining to do though, so can you come over?" I said. I see Emma looking at me smiling.

"Yeah, sure. Where do you live?" He asks me. I take a deep breath and say it.

"In the apartment building on Bliss Street. 3th floor, apartment 8," I say into the phone. There is a long pause and then he finally says "I'll be right over" and hangs up. I look over at Emma and Smile.

" He's coming over!" I yell. I run to my dresser and take out my "I love pancakes" hoodie and my zebra print shorts. I throw them on and run into the bathroom. I take of my mascara that was dripping all down my face.

"There now I don't look like a mess!"I say coming out of the bathroom.

"I'm gonna hide in your closet and watch!" Emma says running off. I laugh loudly at her creeping over to the closet. There was a knock at the door....

He's here. I walk over to the door and open it slowly.

Niall's POV

As soon as I see her face I just have to hug her.

"I've been so worried!! You didn't answer any of my calls." I say. "So why did you run away?"

"Okay so I have a lot of explaining to do. I don't like talking about my parents. There is  very logical explanation-"

"You can tell me. You can tell me anything." I say looking at her. She can. She can trust me. I look at her to see her deeply thinking if something. Her eyes are start to water, and she bites her lip and looks back at me in the eyes.

"M-my parents a-a-are......dead," she says starting to cry. My arms go limp around her body. A lot of questions were going through my head. How long have they been gone? Has she been living by herself?

"They died in a car crash.......on my birthday!" she bursts out crying.

"Its okay, I'll always be here for you" I say trying to comfort her. I had no words to really explain how I felt. It was a mixture of sadness and everything else. I lift her up bridal style and carry her over to the couch. I put her down and sit right next to her. She sat in deep thought. She looked up at me with her bright blue eyes.

"Do I like him.....does he like me" I here her whisper to herself not noticing she said it out loud. One thought is going through my mind right now........kiss her......

"He does," I whisper back. I lean down and surprisingly she leaned into me. Our lips connected. Her lips were warm and soft, unlike the other girls which were cold and demanding. Sparks flooded my body, going out to my finger tips. I wrap my arms around her and she slowly rests her hands on my chest. I could stay this way forever......

Kayla's POV

I then realized what I was doing I was kissing Niall Horan. Niall Horan!!!!Not the Niall Horan from One Direction, Niall Horan the sweetest guy I know.

Unfortunately, I have to breathe, so I pulled away to see him smiling at me.

"What?" I say.

"your just so......." He says.

"So, what?" I say looking down.

"So....Perfect," he says making me blush.

"Well, your not so bad yourself," I say making him smile. He leans in again but.........

"EEEEEE, THATS SO CUTE!!!!!" Emma yells jumping out of the closet. Niall quickly jumps off the couch.

"Umm...Niall this is Emma, my annoying friend," I say looking at her in my 'this is not the time' face.

"Oh, hi I'm Niall" he said trying to regain his cool.

"Sorry to jump out at you... but you guys make such cute couple!" she says.

"Umm.....we're not....umm.....a couple." I say blushing, also noticing Nialls face fall a little bit.

"Oh I'm sure you're not! Anyway I'll leave you two alone....Kayla walk me to the door," she says walking towards the door. I walk behind her and leave Niall alone in the room.

"Call me after he leaves!" she whispered and walked out the door. I walk back into the living room.

"So....." Before he can say anything I yawn.

"Your tired, you should go to sleep."

"No I'm fin-"

"No your tired. I'll leave. Goodnight." he says giving me a kiss on the cheek and then leaving. He walks out the door and closes it behind him. Talking to myself I say.......

"Goodnight"

Hey Guys! Hope you are liking these edits and new updates!!!! XOXO -Haley