2. The Apartment / First date

"Hello Miss Green. Are you ready to go to the apartment?" Officer Grant asks me. Oh, I totally forgot, I'm still in my pjs.

"Yes, just let me go get dressed." I say while letting him inside.

"Okay" he says while I walk up the stairs and into my room. Officer Grant had been very nice to me in the past few days. He's helped me packed and sort out all of this will stuff. My parents left me the money they had.

I had picked out an outfit, so it was laid out on the floor the bedroom. I took off my ice cream sundae pants and put on my white skinny jeans. They are ripped on the thighs and knees. I take off my tie-dye t-shirt and put on a red crop top that says 'calm down' . I grab by black combat boots and put them on. I look at my hand and see the ring my parents gave me yesterday. I miss them soooo much. I feel drops of water hitting my cheeks. I was crying.

I grab my black and white striped back pack that is filled with a sweatshirt, my phone charger, jewelry, hairspray, brushes,combs, and my makeup kit. I grab my big panda stuffed animal and sleeping bag. I take one last look at my room knowing this would be the last time I saw it. I sigh and walk down stairs. It looks that he has already loaded the boxes in the car. I take one more last look at my kitchen. My eyes get caught on a picture of my mom,dad, and me when I was little. I grab it and go and get in the police car. We started to drive off to the apartment.

* * *

"Ladies first" Officer Grant says. I walk into the apartment. It wasn't much, but it was fine for just me. The wall on the left is black and it has a door. I open the door and look inside. There is a small kitchen. That has a counter, a fridge, an oven, and a freezer. On the black wall there are some satirs going up it. There is a platform on top of the kitchen. They had provided me a bed on it. Umm, for 800 dollars a month this place is amazing. I guess I'm going to have to get a job eventually. I have a lot of money that my parents left me, but I will run out eventually. I should be good for about 7 months.

"Well here's the key. Your furniture you wanted should be right over there." he says pointing to the furniture covered by a white sheet.
"Will you need any help moving the furniture and unpacking?" He asks.

"No, I'm good. But thanks anyways." I said.

"Again I am very sorry for your loss." and with that Officer Grant walked out the door.
This was the start of a new life.

I need to unpack. I go over to the furniture and take off the sheet. There sat my white bed side table, light pink dresser, my teal desk, and my white couch. I grab my box of sheets, pillow covers, comforter, and stuffed animals. I put my white sheets on the bed. I put my PINK brand comforter that has Aqua blue and coral colored flowers on my bed, tucking it in. I take out my big pillows and put coral colored cases on three of them, and then I put my aqua blue pillow case with a coral colored flower on the last big pillow. Then i put my white ruffle pillow on the bed. There it looks perfect! I walk back down the stairs and lift up my bed side table. I put it down on the right side of my bed.

"I need music" I say to myself. I go over to one box marked "Music" (it has my CDs and ihome in it), and pull out my ihome. I plug it into the wall, and set it on the bed side table. I put my iphone in it, and put it on shuffle. The first song that comes on is "Animals" by Maroon 5.

"baby I'm preying on you tonight

hunt you down eat you alive

just like animals

animals

like animals- mals" I start to sing with the song.

"Maybe you think that you can hide