19. The party

Kayla's POV

I feel eyes on me as I look at the dresses. I need one for this party. It's tonight. I put off getting the dress till the morning of, smart right? I look at the dresses. I want a short one, that I know. I see a peach ruffle one. Pulling it off of the rack, I see that has a silver belt and is strapless. I walk over to the dressing rooms and step into one. Pulling on the dress, I see a pair of white high heels in the corner on display. I see there my size so I put them on with the dress.

"Wow....."I say looking in the mirror. It looked really good. Peach is defiantly a good color on me. Makes me look tan. So, I decided to buy the dress and shoes. They were comfortable. I paid for it and then left the store.
******************

Getting back on this bus, I go put the box with my dress and shoes in my drawer. Turning around, I smash into a hard chest and fall straight on my butt.

"Oh sorry Kay's..." Niall says grabbing my hand and helping me up. 

"It's okay." I say. 

"So, I'm guessing that the box was your dress...."he says.

"Yes, It was. I'm excited to wear it." I say.

"Well, I'm excited to see you in it."he says looking straight into my eyes. I watch his face turn from a smile to a frown. 

"Kayla can we please talk about what happened. She kissed me, I don't like her it's only you. Just you." he says finishing off quiet. I feel the tears coming to my eyes. I look down at my feet, only to have him gently lift my chin so, his eyes could meet mine. 

"Listen Niall, what happened.....lets just forget about it.....it's in the past." I say the tears coming down my face. I say walking past him and to the bathroom.

"Wait-Kayla..."he says following me. I step in quickly and shut the door in his face. I felt bad, but I just don't want to talk about it. Hearing Niall hit his fist against the door, I slide down the door and put my head in my hands. I feel the tears sliding down my cheeks. Oh Niall......
**********************

*5 hours later*

I'm in the bathroom doing my makeup. I stayed in there. In here since talking to Niall. trying to fix my face so it's not all red. I'm doing white eyeshadow and black mascara. Okay, looking in the mirror I think I look good enough. I can't seem to get rid of the redness. Whatever. I step out of the bathroom, for the first time in a while. I walk over to the drawers and pull out the box. Stepping back into the bathroom, I put on the dress and shoes. Taking one final look in the mirror, I step out and walk down the hall. Immediately, all the boys look up from what they're doing to face me. Niall's jaw drops a little. But, then closes with a sad expression on his face. My face is probably still red. Great....... I walk over towards them. 

"So...what do you think?" I said spinning in a circle.

"It's gorgeous...." Harry says because Niall's to distraught to say anything. He must think it's his fault I was crying, but it wasn't it was my own. For being so weak.

"Thanks. You guys ready?" I say them nodding their heads " Okay let's go!"
We walk out the door of the bus to the limo.
****************

I sing along to the song uptown funk. Laughing as Louis does his dance moves.
"Go Lou!" I yell. 

When the song ends a slow song comes on. Lego house by Ed Sheeran. I see Niall make his way over to me, I get nervous so I just pretend I didn't see him and walk over to the snacks. I grab the closest thing I could get, which turned out to be potato chips.

"Hey what are doing?" Niall says coming up behind me.

"Eating." I say back.

"Do you want to dance?"he asks. Just then the song finishes and a fast song comes on. I see Niall's face look disappointed. 

"Sure!" I say grabbing his hand and pulling him to the dance floor. we were dancing with all the rest of the lads too. 

"Ok the performing group One Direction will be singing up next." the DJ says. 

"I had no idea you guys were singing...." I say they all look at each other and smile. They walk away to go sing on the stage. I walk over, but I end up in the middle of the crowd. 

"Hi guys we are One Direction, and we are going to be singing a new song." Liam said and then looked over at Niall.

"I wrote it, and umm.....its dedicated to Kayla Reed. Kayla I invite you to come up and sit right here"He says patting the stool on stage. What is he doing? I freeze in my spot. Walking slowly to the stage, I feel tons of eyes watching me. Niall comes over and grabs my hand, leading me to the stool. I sit down in it. Niall starts to play music on his guitar. he finally starts singing.

"My hands, your hands tied up like two ships

Drifting weightless waves trying to break it.

I'll do anything to save it,

why is it so hard to say it?

My heart

your heart

sit tight like book ends

pages between us

written with no end

so many words we're not saying

don't want to wait till its gone

you make me strong

I'm sorry if I say I need you

but I don't care I'm not scared love

cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker

is that so wrong

is it so wrong

that you make me strong

I feel the tears making their way to my eyes. I don't hold them back, I let them fall. The music turns and is slow. Niall starts to sing a solo, and looks into my eyes.

I'm sorry if I say I need you

but I don't care

I'm not scared of love

Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker

is that so wrong

is it so wrong

By now the tears are like a waterfall. The song ends.

"Kayla, I need you....Please be mine?....I love you..."Niall says. It feels as if everything around me stops when I say these three words

"I love you too."