30

Uhhhfhdhsh take this mermaid Lance n frat boy Shiro. Little mermaid type shit yknow?

Lance is sat lounging on a wet rock, the waves of the salty sea splashing onto his sunkissed skin. The night was his favorite time of day, the moon's soft glow bathing his body with such beautiful lighting. The quiet chirp of crickets were more than enough to comfort him, but the singing along the beach was welcome as well.

Sure, it was drunken and loud, but that was better than no sound. Lance sings along to it, but in tune. His soft voice carrying much further than he intended.

He watches the stars twinkle and shine as more soft waves lap at his scales, his voice dripping with sweet honey.

Lance's ear fins twitch as sand shifts with footsteps. He tilts his head back and looks at the human walking over, stopping his singing.

"Don't stop on account of me." The person says, a brown glass bottle within his fingertips.

Lance dips his webbed fingers into the water and starts singing again. The sand shifts again and the water ripples.
Lance looks back, the human now wading into the water.

"What are you doing." Lance shrieks, its dramatic. It's overdramatic.

"Relax, just wanna get closer." The human sighs, sitting on a piece of the jagged rock. They take a sip from their bottle.

"Well maybe I don't want you to be closer."

"Y'got real pretty scales y'know? I'm Shiro." The male, now known as Shiro lounges against the uncomfortable rock.

"Uh huh..." Lance mutters, uneasy.

"You gotta name?"

"Lance."

"Pretty...its a human name. Figured itd be in some language I can't understand. Fish clicks or sum'n."

Lance squints at Shiro, taking in his flushed face.

"I'm half human y'know." Lance huffs, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Y'just look s'much like a fish." Shiro chuckles, trailing a finger along a fin on Lance's tail.

"Oh my God. Humans are so dumb. Why do you impair yourselves?" Lance flicks his tail.

"S'fun." Shiro simply replies, taking his hand off the fin.

"Yeah right."

"Y'try it then." Shiro mumbles, handing the bottle to Lance.

"I'd rather not." Lance snorts.

"Aight, respect that." Shiro's head drops onto the deep blue scales of Lance's tail. The pale moonlight painting his face with a glow.

"What the hell?" Lance grunts, he wanted to get the human off his tail, but he didnt want to hurt him.

"Hey sit still. Wanna look at you. Can you sing again?"

Lance sighs, allowing him to stay on his tail. It was nice, the weight from his head was comforting.

"I suppose I'll sing again." Lance gives a toothy grin, they're sharp for eating fish.

Shiro pokes at one, wincing slightly.

Lance snickers in return, starting a soft tune. It's a sullen and melancholy sound. Its relaxing and quiet at the same time.

Shiro ends up falling asleep and Lance brings him back to the shore. He sets him onto the sand along with his bottle and watches him from afar.