When She's My Wife

Adira woke up in the middle of the night and saw Casimir uncomfortably sleeping on the sofa and Heise snuggling in her arms.

She looked at the prince guiltily and adjusted the covers on him so that he was at least warm.

She was feeling better after sleeping most of the day and recovered her drained mana. She was fine to go back to helping tomorrow.

..

Adira woke up earlier than Casimir and already prepared everything for him so as soon as he woke up, it was Adira's lively beaming sunshine smile that greeted him.

"Good morning Casey! Rise and Shine, your highness!" She teased and pulled him up. The latter just allowed her to do whatever she wanted. He missed this lively side of hers even if it was only a day.

She pushed him inside the bathroom and she got busy preparing all sorts of stuff, like breakfast or his suit... just anything. She wanted to somehow repay him for helping and taking care of her when she got sick.

When Casimir finished, he walked out of the bathroom only in robes and Adira was more than blissful than she could voice out before she averted her eyes, blushing all the way to her ears, and handed him his suit.

"I-I made breakfast for you and He-Heise. Ummm... You should.. umm.. eat it after changing and umm.. maybe I should go now and let you do your thing."

She stuttered and abruptly took a step away from this dangerously gorgeous specimen before she loses it and pounces on him.

Casimir, on the other hand, greatly amused with the effect he elicited from Adira, grabbed her arm and spun her barreling back into his chest and sniggered.

"So forward, Lady Sylveris."

This is dangerous!!! His voice sounds so close in my ears! Breathe in, breathe out Adira Sylveris! Control yourself!

He smells so good! God help me!

It was Casimir's turn to tease her and damn was it effective. She blushed the deepest shade of red that she debated on how to hide her tomato-like face.

Does she dive into Casimir's chest? Or run away?

Ding! Dive, I mean, Run away it is!

Adira pulled back so suddenly and fluidly before bolting out of Casimir's room like an athlete vying for championship. Leaving a chuckling, happy and very satisfied Casimir.

Casimir turned to Heise, who was giving him the stink eye, and shrugged his shoulders, seeming to understand what the little dragon was thinking about.

He only gave the little one a look that said,

"What can I do? Your mother's too cute."

Is this how it'll feel like when she becomes my wife? Interesting.

Casimir thought to himself before letting his eyes roam on the things Adira prepared for him and felt his heart melt at the homely feel Adira gave him.

Heise didn't like Casimir placing his paws on his mother but he also cannot retort to what his looks meant. His mother, indeed, was too adorable.

So he flew away while clenching in his mouth the meat Adira prepared for him and settled on the sheets that retained his mother's scent. It'll be another long day of him waiting for his mother to return home.

...

Today, their team was back into their full vigor and everyone was very efficient. Save for Adira, who had the lightest work load out of everyone. Even lighter than the prince himself. And Iris, who was still being herself.