His Queen

Triton returned back to the Dalriada Castle and despite being its only heir and young lord, there was no one to welcome him home. The guards even acted as if they could not see him and ignored him.

He expected this though. From the moment that he decided to take Adira and elope with her, he was resolved to relinquish his status and power the Dalriada name gave him.

For her, he was willing to give everything up—the luxury, comfort, inheritance and the next highest rank after the king—and live peacefully and happily like common people.

He only wanted to live his life with her at his side. He only wanted her heart.

But this time, he will acquire everything to have her. If taking the throne and being King would make her look at him and marry him, then he will usurp it. He will give her the throne and the title Queen. It won't be Casimir giving it to her. She won't be Casimir's Queen.

Triton walked towards his father's office, his brilliant mind thinking, pondering and planning his next move.

To acquire the throne he must first pull Casimir down. And to do that, he'll need his name.

"Father—"

"So you still know that I am your Father?"

The Duke Dalriada glanced up, an intense glare ablaze in his crystal blue eyes, and he placed his pen down to give all of his attention to his son that besmirched their reputation and their family name.

A name the prior heads of many generations before—a branch of the royal family—protected well. To think that his very own son would be the one to destroy it.

Triton steeled himself as he faced his father's impending wrath. He knew his crime very well. He knew the consequences his actions entailed but he never once regretted anything.

Even if he was given a chance to stand again at that moment when he was presented with that choice, he will still choose to elope with Adira.

He will, many times over, choose the woman he loves.

The young lord stood tall and Osiris could see the firm determination shine brightly in his son's eyes. And he could only sigh internally to himself.

If only he used that determination for something else and not this madness.

"It seems you're very much aware of the crime that you commited. Have you entirely lost your mind Triton? You're a brilliant man. So why the hell did you abduct the crown princess?"

"She's not the crown princess, Father. She was supposed to be mine! I saw her first. I proposed engagement to her first!"

Triton cried as he insisted on his claim on the woman. Childish as he may sound, but he really cannot accept it in his heart that Adira, the only woman he ever wanted, was getting further and further away from his reach.

"But they didn't accept it! And now she's engaged to this country's prince. To our prince!"

"No! It is Casimir's fault! I know he did something to force Adira into this engagement!"

Oh God, this child has really lost his mind.

Hoping that he could still pull his son back from this madness that was consuming him, Osiris punched him hard in the face.

He cannot let him fall deeper than this. He cannot leave him to walk down the wrong path. It was his duty as Triton's father to guide him back to himself before this insanity—back to his respectable and reasonable self.

But it did nothing to this Triton, who was hell-bent on his decision to usurp the throne, standing before him. There was still that burning determination in his eyes that didn't die down.

"Whatever you are planning right now, Triton, I implore you, stop this. There is no ending here where you end up with Adira, my son."

"Then I'll make one, Father."

Triton declared to his father with that unyielding resoluteness before he pivoted on his heel to start his work. Because he swore to himself, Adira will eventually stand at his side.

He was going to see that through.

I'll show it to you, to Casimir and to the whole world. I will show you who Adira will eventually choose in the end.

...

Iris, who sat and stared blankly outside her window, thought of Adira's words over and over again about how she had married Casimir and even flaunted off her ring.

But then, does it really matter? So what if she married Casimir?

Did it mean that she was at the end of the line already? It didn't, right? I mean, if she played her cards right or planned her moves carefully then there's a high chance that she could seduce the first prince—Prince Casimir.

Well, how hard could it be anyway? Casimir was still a man.

And men are weak to pleasures—earthly desires and pleasures. She could give it to him. She could do it better than Adira could ever do.

Feeling herself liven and cheered up as she started planning how to seduce the man, a knock briefly interrupted her before she grumbled and answered,

"Come in."

Her chambermaid came in, as soon as she heard her answer, and bowed in respect before announcing,

"My lady, Lord Dalriada is here. He wishes to speak with you."

Took you long enough, Triton.

"Take me there."

She answered and collected herself. It was high time that they formed a stable partnership to pull those two apart. Cause things will just get worse if they wiled their time.

Iris entered the lounge where Triton waited and curtseyed as gracefully as she could.

"What an honour to be visited by the Lord Dalriada himself. To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence here, my lord?"

Triton, who stood by the window thinking about what he was doing, turned as soon as he heard the sarcastic remark from the lady and smirked.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend as they say.

"I am here to present to you the chance of being Casimir's princess."

Notes:
Hi~~ now the villains have joined forces! Best of luck and wishes to our Royal Couple~ ❤️ がんばります~

Please do cheer for them and drop it here~ Banzaaaiii~~ 🎉🎉🎉