A Hidden Lover!

Casimir, together with his little family and his handful of knights, continued to push forward towards the palace.

There were a lot of mishaps along the way— like traps, ambushes and what not— but it didn't stop him from slashing and carving his path back to the only safe place he knew would protect his family while he sorted things out.

However, as they neared the palace, the knights, mercenaries and assassins sent to stop their advance, grew more in number and in strength than before. Now, it wasn't only Marquess Devich's men blocking their way but also the Dalriada's army and a couple more noblemen's knight order.

"Why would the Duke Dalriada allow this? Why would he acquiesce with this rebellion?" Casimir couldn't help but wonder as he continued to fend off the knights that continued to attack them.

He wasn't that worried about them hurting Adira because he could see how they were also trying hard not to get her caught up in the fight. Hence, there could only be one explanation why the Dalriada army was mobilized.

"It's Triton. He's taken control and assumed the Duke's position."

As if finishing his thoughts, Adira spoke behind him while keeping Heise by her side at all times. Not because she needed protecting but because she needed to protect him. She was after all his mother. And it was a mother's duty to protect their child no matter what.

Casimir nodded his head at his wife's words as he slashed the neck of the opponent in front of him. He then turned and called for Alexander, Roman and William to relay his instructions.

"If we go at this current pace, then it'll take us forever before we can get Adira and Heise back to the safety of the palace.

That is why I want everyone to grab a partner, a little similar to Adira in height and build, and spread out. That should confuse the pursuers for a considerable time and allow us to sneak her away."

Receiving their orders, the aides of this great demon lord filed out and grabbed a knight that would more or less pass as Adira when hidden with a cloak. I say more or less but unless one trained their eyes on the person, they would be able to fool a couple of agitated soldiers and mercenaries for a while.

It was clear to Casimir how, their aim were only not to shave their small numbers down but, they were also trying to take Adira. At least carefully as to not injure her. Else, they'll have hell to pay.

While they were pairing up, there was but a shortage of people to disguise as Adira. And that was when an assassin, who managed to slip past their defenses and came as close as possible to Adira, entered their sights.

With an outstretched hand, the assassin tried to reach for Adira but Casimir was quicker as he was already in position to slice off that person's neck if not for Adira immediately noticing who it was and managed to stop her husband's momentum.

"Stop!"

With Casimir's blade practically already slightly digging onto the assassin's neck, both froze on their spot as they heard her loud cry.

"Casey, lower your sword. That person is not an enemy."

Although reluctant to let his guard down, Casimir obeyed his wife regardless and lowered his weapon. If this bastard even tried anything funny then he won't hesitate to impale this bastard with a thousand icicles.

Forget about overkill, he will ruthlessly mangle this person's corpse until it would be very hard to identify him and maybe feed him to some monsters or throw him off a cliff— whichever works.

The person straightened his posture before he went down on one knee and bowed in reverence to his wife before taking off his—umm, no, scratch that— her hood.