Please Mommy

"Mo... Mommy..." The little child softly called for her—as if afraid that she would push him away, afraid that whatever he did, she would not recognize him.

And more than anything he was hurt. It hurt to see his mother shed a tear like that. It hurt to see her chained up. It hurt to see her acting like they were complete strangers—when she asked who he was.

"Mommy~ It's Heise. Don't you remember Heise?"

"Don't call me your mother. I don't have a child."

It struck the little child as deeply and as painfully as it could. He knew he'd be hurt if he saw her right now. He knew what he was getting himself into. But he cannot deny that it hurt too bad.

To be repudiated by his own mother, the only human he loved and trusted, hurt too bad.

"Don't... Don't say that... Please Mommy... Please remember Heise... Please love Heise again... Heise will always be a good boy... He will listen to mommy always... Please, Mommy."

The child begged as rivers of tears fell from his sapphire orbs while trembling in his spot and garnered a reaction from Adira.

"St-Stop! Don't call me your mother! I don't have a child! I'm not your mother!" Adira repeatedly cried while shaking her head as unreasonable tears spilled down her face like waterfalls.

She didn't know why but she was itching to get out of the chains and wrap her arms around that child. To comfort him, love him, kiss him, and be whoever he wanted her to be.

She didn't understand why but his painful cries rang too loud in her ears. It was too deafening and heartrending. It didn't make any sense to her!

She didn't know why but the way he cried for her brought this familiar feeling of misery in her heart. That it wasn't the first time she made this angel cry like that. That it wasn't the first time she hurt him like that.

There was fear and pain in the woman's eyes while she stared at the child frozen in his spot—turning pale from the shock. He didn't know what to do as he listens to his mother repeatedly tell him that she wasn't his mother—that he wasn't her baby.

"I hate you... I hate you Mommy! You said Heise was your only baby!! I hate you!!"

The child bawled and ran out of the room where the Father lied in wait. He knew it but he hoped. If even Heise couldn't bring her back, how was he supposed to? How can he bring Adira back?

...

Days and weeks passed with Adira still not returning to her usual self. She continued to reject Casimir and she went on a hunger strike. But even so, she doesn't forget to constantly ask Lyfa how the little child was doing after he bolted out of her room that day.

"My Lady, the child was deeply hurt. He refuses to eat and see anyone. Even his grandparents are getting concerned about his health. Please, my Lady. Please return to the family that you loved so much."

"Why do you also say that, Lyfa? Did his highness order you? Did he threaten you? Lyfa, don't listen to him. Help me please. Help me out of here. I need to see, Triton. He is my family, Lyfa, please."

"My Lady! Please stop this! Stop hurting your family!" Lyfa, for once, raised her voice against Adira.

She couldn't sit by anymore. Not when she watches how her mistress, herself, destroys the family she tried so hard to protect—the people she'd willingly lay down her life for. She cannot let her do something she will definitely regret.

"Lyfa... I need to be with Triton."

"No... Please... No... Please stop."

And Lyfa burst into tears at the hopelessness of things. No matter what people said to the Adira in front of them, she will only reply with that she needs to be with the Lord Dalriada.

This wasn't their mistress. This wasn't what she wants.

...

It was the second week of Adira's house arrest—the second week since she last saw the child and the first week since she started her hunger strike.

Casimir didn't lose hope and continued to visit her—tell her stories of how much they loved each other, recount the happy memories that they shared, even the silliest ones were not spared.

And each time, Adira would just gaze outside. Acting as if he wasn't there—as if she can't hear what he was saying.

But everytime Casimir stops, she would then slowly turn to him with dead eyes and plead him over and over again to release her and allow her to be with Triton—to live her life with the man she loved.

However, as soon as Casimir hears that, he will just silently stand up and exit her room. No sound, no reply. Just nothing.

...

It was a regular afternoon and everyone was weary. Mentally, physically and emotionally. Things weren't the same with how their mistress continues to reject and attempt to escape the first prince's claws.

There was too much unrest that people couldn't find a chance to rest. That's why fatigue came unto them like a mad bull.

The guards were the first ones down when an intoxicating sweet smell diffused in the air and filled their lungs—sending them into their dreams in a snap of a finger.

Next were the servants. And just like with the guards, they fell like lifeless dolls after inhaling the sedating scent.

A soft and silent squeak from Adira's doorknob caught her attention and expected silver locks to pop from there again so she paid it no mind. It was then pushed open slightly before a soft voice called her name.

"Adira?"

"Triton. Triton, my love!" Adira called happily, although a bit weirded out with the slight disappointment that she was wrong.

"I'm getting you out of here. Stay still." He said and hurriedly cut through Casimir's chains with his wind before pulling the lady up into his arms and facilitated their escape.

It was all too easy, despite that the place he just broke into was the stronghold of the Sylveris' dukedom and the Great Demon Lord was currently there. It felt as if they didn't plan to stop them all along.

You're.. letting me go?

Adira thought before her gaze drifted to the tall windows of her room that was too heavily tinted to show if someone was there or not.

But even so, she knew he was there. She knew that he was watching all of these happen and he was letting it happen.

"Your highness, you're letting Lord Dalriada take her away?"

"If her current heart can only accomodate Dalriada, then I won't force it and hurt her. After all, I'm willing to bleed a million times for her smile."