24

New P.o.v

" How on earth did I deserve that?"

I whined right after my manager Yui had called to tell me next week were a few more jobs to do with Tay.

She also told me he had an appointment today in the company and wanted to know if I was coming too. But I told her I was still a little bit sick, which was no big deal for her.

It was almost weekend and I still hadn't talked to Tay. Instead I had made things up with Fonand arranged a meeting.

We walked through the park holdinghands like in old times.

She smiled at me when the sunlight fellon her long hair and I just thought she had he cutest smile out of every girl I had ever known.

But something still felt wrong.

When we came across a river she pulled me to the railing, leaning onto it watching the water.

She pulled a bottle of coke we bought earlier out of her bag and handed it to me.

I was just about to open it when I suddenly realized Tays name on it.

The promotion was on a lot of bottles so it was only coincidence we picked it.

Right at this moment I wished Tay would have come with me to this park and would stand next to me, holding my hand, enjoying the sunshine.

I suddenly stood up.

" I am so sorry Fon. But I actually
have an appointment!"

I excused myself and ran to the street not caring about her starteled expression. I called for a taxi and went to the building Tay had a meeting with our manager today.

I ran inside searching for him when I noticed his figure waiting on a chair in front of our managers office.

Surprised to see me he stood up.

I went closer to him.

" Hey. Why are you here? And why are you panting so hard?"

" I just brought you a bottle of coke. You can drink it here while waiting. I know we always have to wait so long till the manager calls us in."

He took the bottle and looked at it confused by my action.

" It even has your name on it. Here."
I showed him.

" But didn't you have a
date with Fon?"

" U-uhm yea..."

" And did you leave her just
because of that?"

He asked when I started thinking.

" Uuhm.."

And in this moment I noticed I was more in love with my best friend than I ever was with her.