|Eight|

Damon.

It's been nearly a month since I found my mate and I am quite happy. She is kind and loving, just what to expect from a Luna.

She is growing close with my mom too and the thought brings a wide smile to my face. I love it that they are all getting along so much. She is truly going to make a good queen. She is also going to make a good mother. The thought of holding my pup always gives me a good mood. It's about far but I can't help but wonder.

However one thing still makes me wonder is why my wolf Riven has gone quiet. He doesn't speak to me anymore and I am beyond worried. I still shift like any normal time only Riven doesn't speak to me which is really strange for me.

I'm currently in my office doing some paperwork when I receive a mindlink from my third, Bentley.

"My king, Jared and a bunch of rogues have been sighted, from my sources, they are holding a she- wolf captive." Bentley replies. Rage immediately consumes me as the thoughts of that disgusting guy fills my mind. How he destroys packs without any remorse. How people have suffered because of him.

"Go with my best warriors and hunt him down and save the she wolf" I growl out in anger blocking him before I could get a reply.

I immediately got out of my office in search of my mate and parents. How the hell did he manage to get close to my territory? The thought of him harming my pack members makes me even more enraged. If he dares I'll give him a reason to die even though there are more than enough reason to kill him already.

My parents who were both huddled up on the couch sees my stoic expression immediately get up following me to my office. Natalie who was in the kitchen eating places her plate down her face morphing into concern as she comes along too.

"Jared has been spotted near the border of our territory and Ben has found out that he is holding hostage some she wolf." I mutter trying hard not to punch something. They all stare at me with horrified expression except Natalie whose face pales as she clenches her fist in rage. What's her problem?

"Poor child she must be terrified but why was she kidnapped, everyone knows that Jared is only interested in destroying packs for fun." My mom inquire in deep thought. I snap out of my thoughts about Natalie's weird behavior.

"Uh...will you excuse me for a bit" Natalie whispers suddenly as she hurries out of my office without waiting for a reply. That's not weird at all.

My parents turn to me as if waiting for an explanation for her weird behavior, which I have no idea too.

"Maybe she is just scared,you know Jared is a very horrible guy honestly."

" The mate bond must be so strong already since you two are pretty close." My father inquires changing the subject which I'm grateful for.

"Yeah we are but the weird thing is that the moment we met her, Riven, he became silent,he hasn't spoken to me in a month." I mutter holding my head in my hands on confusion and slight anger.

"What do you think is the problem Damon?" My mom
I too do not know the answer to the question.

"I really don't know but I'm hoping that he'll come back soon." I answer.

"That's weird Damon, please find out what is wrong, it's not normal." I nod my head in agreement.

"I'm going to search for Natalie, she seems really scared. " I say as I exited the office following her barely there sweet scent.

I head to our room and I find Natalie sitting in our bed a slight smile on her face and a weird look in her eyes.

"Hey, why did you leave suddenly?"I ask folding my hands over my chest as I walk towards her.

" I... I got scared Damon, what if they come and get us too." She replies as tears form in her eyes and without warning one falls down her cheek.

I pull her into my arms as I place a kiss on top of her head inhaling her scent deeply and she does the same.

"Don't worry Natalie, we are highly protected here. I'm the Alpha King, remember? I have strong warriors. " I try to convince her which seems to work.

"Yeah I'm sorry Damon, I overreacted, I guess" She mutters as she presses a quick peck on my cheeks this makes me smile more broadly.

"It's okay babe, come on let's head down for dinner. " I smile as I hold out my hand for her which she grabs and smile.

I receive a mind link as I was walking down the stairs and I halt on my steps gritting my teeth at what he says.

"We followed Jared to his location but there was nothing there,only the strong smell of blood. We think she already killed the she- wolf."Ben says and I inhale deeply calming myself down before replying.

"Okay Ben, come back with the wa rriors so we can still track him down." I reply and shut the mindlink.

"Hey Damon, you zoned out for a bit, what's wrong?" Natalie asks.

"Jared escaped and killed the she wolf." I reply and what surprises me is that her eyes with happiness and suddenly it was gone. I shake my head and stare at her. She can't possibly feel that. I must have imagined it.

We head to dinner and suddenly I feel a sharp pain pierce my chest causing me to groan slightly. I focus my eyes on it only there's nothing. I ignore it and sit at the table with the rest of the pack members enjoying my meal with my pack members.

****

Halfway edited!❤️

Vote...

Comment...

Share....

Follow

Thanks 😘😘