|Thirty|

Christel.

Damon's phone slips through my hand and hits the tiled floor,tears flow uncontrollably down my cheeks.

No please goddess,she was like a mother to me. Remembering that Maddie is still connected,I pick the phone quickly and place it on my left ear.

"Christel y-you t-there?" She says barely audible.

"Y-yeah I am tell me what happened Maddie,how?" I ask as more tears flow down my cheeks

"When y-you left, m-mom said she had something to get from the house,s-she went back, I waited for about 10 minutes, realizing that she w-was taking long I headed back to the house, feeling something was off I tiptoed only to find some gigantic guy holding m-mom b-by her throat, questioning her a-about a g-girl,I don't think he knew she knew about werewolves, my mom told him that she had no clue, he stared at her for a while,before sniffing and saying that her scent is everywhere,my m-mom denied it and he mutters something about wasting his precious time with clueless humans,h-he grabs h-her throat a-and r-r-rips it,s-s-she i-i-is d-d-dead . He killed her!!,after that, I j-j-just r-ran." She hiccups.

Oh my goddess,why this is all my fault.Everywhere I go I always end up causing havoc and pain,she died because of me.

Why did I survive that long? Why am I always the one whose life is troubled,why is my life filled with tragedy whether I want it or not.

I didn't respond ,I just placed it on the bed as I slid down and sat on the floor leaning my back on the wall.

They should have just left me at the shore to die because I had no reason to live,my life was just a recipe for disaster.

Something which I'm sure and is so clichè is if news got out that I can control elements,which has already gotten out,some stupid rogues will try to use me for their own good.

I want to scream to the world for creating me and bringing me here to cause more pain but at the end of it all , it's all on me.

Bringing pain to an innocent family,I should have used that portion, I should have,I shouldn't have forgotten, I also know that Jared knows my scent which I'm sure it was present in Sally's house.

Tears are flowing rapidly thinking of the possible things I would have done to make Sally live.

This is all my fault,this entire mess is all my fault,oh goddess.

I didn't even hear the door being opened and someone getting in.

Suddenly someone hugs me and by the sparks it's my mate,this only makes me cry harder. I mean if you only think of all the things that has happened in your life.

How you're so unfortunate,your mate being taken from you,being kidnapped,being whipped for being accused as a spy since you were never part of the pack, being drowned,and now the only person who helped you by removing a silver bullet near your heart and helping you shift is now d-dead.

There is so much a person can take before breaking, I wanted to stay strong during the time I was kidnapped but at the end of it all ,I wasn't strong enough, at the end I would break down and cry because even if I wanted to be strong,I couldn't, because if the whole world is against you,why would you live.

It's only through people's support that we find peace,and reason to live.

Damon doesn't say anything about he just hugs me tighter as more tears flow down my cheeks.

My tears eventually slows but the ache in my heart doesn't, thinking of the pain I caused Maddie makes me whimper, that's pathetic but what can I do ,for I am just a mortal with feelings too.

"It's okay baby,let it all out." Damon says as he rubs my back.

"It's all m-my f-fault,s-she i-is d-dead."I say grabbing his shirt tightly as tears begin to fall again.

"Who are you talking about sweetie?" He asks in a sweet voice.

"S-sally." I whisper, just thinking about her makes my heart ache. I know for some it isn't a big deal for she wasn't my mom or anything,but all my life I had known pain and they were the first people to show me how someone should be treated.

I learnt that there is love out there,how could she just help me because she saw me floating at shore, who brings the person to their home , that's how I learnt that even though the world is painful place, some people are really kind I learnt that from Sally and Maddie.

"Who's Sally?" Damon asks, oh I forgot he doesn't know about them. I ignore the question trying to compose myself. After what feels like hours my sobs reduce to only hiccuping.

I explain to him how I met Maddie and Sally, how they treated me and they removed a silver bullet right next to my heart.

Damon got so angry,his eyes turned black and he was the verge of shifting
that i had to reverse roles and start rubbing his back just like he had done a couple of minutes ago.

"You see how that is all my fault,she should have just left me to die and I wouldn't have minded at all,now Maddie is an orphan." I whisper ,oh goddess she is an orphan.

"Christel it wasn't your fault,I am sure wherever Sally is she wouldn't want you to feel sorry for yourself,because if she was able to take care of you and treat you as a daughter I am sure she wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

I wish it was so damn easy to believe it,but I know I am gonna feel guilty for a very long time.

"Did you say Maddie is half werewolf?" Damon asks suddenly.

"Yeah." I replied confused of our sudden turn on topic,which actually is good because I don't want to think about those depressing thoughts anymore.

"She can join this pack, maybe she can find her mate and she can finally shift,and even half werewolves, normally live in packs." He says making me smile brightly,I jump and hug him suddenly,and without thinking about I brought to his lips to mine,my eyes suddenly widen to what I just did.

He stiffen and I pull away feeling my cheeks heat up,oh god,I just ruined our relationship by suddenly kissing him.

Suddenly I feel his lips on mine again and without hesitation I kiss him back,it was short but sweet. I stare at his captivating green eyes,he has a bright smile on his face ,making me smile too.

I sigh happily,I hope Maddie agrees to join this pack, she is the closest thing I have to family. I lean on Damon's chest which is hard but comfortable.

He pulls me so I can sit on his lap,I smile and slowly drift off to sleep inhaling Damon's sweet scent.

*********************

I know I'm updating almost everyday,I wanna complete this book before I go to school.

Please

Vote

Comment

Share

😘😘