|Twenty four|

Damon.

I fold my arms over my chest feeling as my mind immediately goes back to the previous hectic night.

The crown not fitting Natalie which made me storm out of there and shifting into my wolf.

I recall the horrid memories not knowing what to believe anymore. It has never been heard before when the crown doesn't fit the queen.Unless she isn't my mate which of course is impossible... right?

I continue with my paper work hoping for it to distract me from all the recent happenings. After hours of useless doodling and me not really concentrating on what I was doing, I stalk them to the side of the table and mindlink both my parents and Natalie willing to find out what happened.

The door cracks open and in walks my parents, my sister and my so called mate who looked scared. What the fuck is wrong with her?

I want to believe her I really do but the crown not fitting is a sure proof evidence she isn't my mate.I wonder where she is. She is not yet in pack prison because I need to interrogate her and find out the truth.

"Can you all please take a sit before we start the meeting." I tell them as every one of them took their sits.

"So can you Natalie please explain why the crown did not fit you?" I ask clenching my fist slightly not willing to lose control before lashin out on her.

" I don't know too Damon, I'm your mate, I mean how can I not be?" She whispers as tears form in her eyes making me groan.

What I've learnt recently though is never to trust her,she can create a perfect story to make you fall for her charms. I stare at her blankly.

I was about to reply when Bianca,my third in command's mate comes in after knocking.

"Sorry to disrupt you alpha, I just wanted to inform you that the human is awake and she is ready for interrogation,she is at the pack hospital." She says bowing.

"Of course Bianca, you're dismissed." I reply earning a bow from her once again before existing.

"Natalie I'm not buying your crap,tell me the truth, I don't want to make drastic measures that is going to jeopardize my pack." I snap feeling my eyes glowing slightly. She shrinks back on her chair. Pathetic.

I did not just think that. I thought her as pathetic!

I clench my fist tightly as my lips thin, as I try to keep in a growl about to burst through my lips.

"Can you please tell us the truth, that's all we ask." My father asks softly realizing how angry I was. She instead keeps calm as she stares at me in fear. I've never laid my hand on a woman and I can see she is really trying my patience.

I am about to stand up when my sister excuses herself. I know she is bored. I am too. I mean Natalie isn't willing to talk. I sigh running my hand through my hair. My fist connects with the table causing her to flinch and shrink farther on her sit.

This stupid interrogation is leading nowhere. I'm afraid to put her in pack prison if in case she is truly my mate.

What if the moon goddess decided that the crown will no longer glow or if she decide to test my love for her,maybe that's it, right? My thoughts are interrupted when I receive a mindlink.

'Alpha the human trying to escape, I have summoned some warriors but she is too strong for a human.' Bianca mindlinks me.

"The human is causing a scene downstairs,let's leave this conversation for another day, Natalie you may leave." I state. She sighs and gets up leaving me with my parents.