|Thirty one|

I dedicate this chapter again to elephant44 for always voting and commenting on my story.

Christel.

I wake up early and immediately grab Damon's phone and head downstairs for an early breakfast.

I ring Maddie's number and she almost immediately picks up. Before I utter a word Maddie yells nearly scaring me through the other end making me move the phone from my ringing ears.

"What the hell is your problem? Calling me this early? I have enough problems already!" She yells making me frown.

"Maddie?" I ask cautiously.

"Christel? Oh sorry I didn't know that was you." She says her voice laced in pain and sadness.

"I'm so sorry Maddie,if I knew I was gonna cause so much trouble I should have left early." I mutter  feeling tears swell up in my eyes as I sit on the dining chair.

I was not telling her this so she can pity me and try to assure me that I didn't kill her. No. I was telling her so she can know that I take full responsibility of my mistakes.

The line goes dead for a while before she suddenly snaps through the other end.

"Losing her christel was really painful and it will take a very long time for that wound in my heart to actually heal but when you came she knew the consequences if eventually you were found but she was still willing to let you stay. She knew that you didn't just end up here for no reason and she knew that lone shewolves never survive long and I know if she was here now I'm sure she wouldn't want you blaming yourself and it's a high time you realize that not everything that happens around you is always your fault, and I also still feel the pain. It's not you alone who is hurting!" She snaps before the line goes dead.

I stare at the phone as a tear slips down my cheek. I hadn't touched my cereals yet. I don't want to break down anymore. I just want this pain that always follows me wherever I go to just end.

Even when I'm with my mate I still I'm not happy. I know Maddie is mad at me but can't actually blame me for thinking this whole mess is my fault.  I think of all the possibilities that could have occurred if I hadn't stayed, if I just had not trusted them.

But again they were willing to help me and they did show me how family should be.

Maddie is right though. Even though blaming myself is what seems easier for me, I know that they both knew the dangers but why do I keep feeling guilty?

I get up from my sit and race outside, already feeling the need to shift. I walk out the pack house heading towards the forest.

'This is not all on you,you know that?' my wolf comforts me after a long while. I know she is right.

I just nod before blocking her out. I head outside and once I'm already by the tree line, I shift into my wolf,making the gems on my paws disappear before bolting into the woods.

*****

I run for hours feeling much better. I don't find any stream to take water in so I head back home feeling really thirsty.

Thanks to my strong sense of smell. I can go back with ease. I run back feeling the  familiar breeze pass through my fur as I let my tongue out.

Suddenly a large growl resonate through out the forest making me immediately halt on my steps. I take slow step back, both Snow and I on high alert.

Few gigantic wolves appear all surrounding me in a prorective circle. A huge and I mean huge grey and brown wolf walks through the tree line and my eyes immediately widen. He is enormous! 

I stare at it's eyes feeling a sense of familiarity. I turn my head slightly to my side as I stare at it in confusion.

That's when I recognize him.

Damon...or Riven.

He walks away and immediately  I hear the cracking and breaking  of bones and crouched down on the ground is a very naked Damon.

He stands up tall making my cheeks flame up from embarrasment. Thank goodness I'm in wolf form so he can't see my blush.

"Christel?" He questions and I just nod my head.

I go behind a tree and shift back thinking my clothes are still on me. I let out a big shreak when I realize I'm naked. Didn't I have clothes last time I shifted?

'Snow why am I naked?' I ask her and she gives me a sheepish smile.

'Did I forget to mention it only happens the first time you shift?' she says and I roll my eyes.

That was such an important info. What if I had shifted somewhere like in a town or something.

"Christel you okay?" Damon yells and I peek out as I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Y-yeah,do you have any shirt I can borrow?" I ask smiling slightly.

He throws me a really oversized shirt that passes my knees, like I said, really oversized.

I guess judging from the scent, it's his.

I can't walk around naked. Without a bra I feel so uncomfortable.

I walk out behind the tree feeling really uncomfortable. I cross my arms over my chest, trying to cover up.

Damon is only wearing shorts leaving his muscular chest for everyone to view. I mean who wouldn't check out their mate if he is that handsome.

He sees me and smiles brightly making me blush at how cute he looks. Okay I think that's the matebond moving too fast.

"Why did you leave without informing me?" He ask frowning.

"I just needed to clear my head and you looked peaceful while sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up." I say smiling sadly as I recall my conversation with Maddie.

He immediately comes and wraps his hand around me as I inhale his manly, yet sweet scent.
He runs his hand through my hair making me feel comfortable.

I didn't even realize when the other pack members or were they warriors left.

"I was so worried, I thought you were kidnapped or something. What happened? Why did you just decide to go on a run?" He asks as he continues running his hand through my hair.

"Maddie is mad at me. I told her that is was all my fault and she flipped. She said that I should learn that not all problems are my fault. She got really angry but the truth is that I feel so guilty about it because it actually was my fault." I say leaning on his chest.

"You know she is right. I told you that wasn't your fault." He says as he pushes me slightly and stares at  me.

"I know but I just felt so guilty. I didn't tell her that so she can tell me it's not my fault or so she can pity me. I told her because I felt responsible." I say feeling really horrible inside.

"I know baby, I know. Even though many people use this, just know that everything always happens for a reason and you just can't stop bad things from happening. We only have to hope that at the end of it all all the sacrifices they made are worth it." He says and I smile at his wise words.

He stares at me for a while before he suddenly trips me,when I'm about to hit the cold soil he carries me bridal style.

I immediately wrap my hand around his neck, feeling content.

Maybe just maybe I can overcome this and finally live happily, I hope that we don't end on a bad note when I call Maddie again and I hope she agrees to join the pack.

*****

Hiding as I update! Poorly written! Again :(

Just PITY ME AND VOTE😭😭 BECAUSE IT'S HORRIBLY WRITTEN :(