Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter 26

I felt numb. I lost all sense of feeling last night just as the last remaining memories of my father vanished. Since then I've become a hollow shell, barely speaking and still reeling over the events of the previous night.

I finally know why they act the way they do, that's something at the very least. Then there was the destruction caused in my room. I spent about 2 hours putting everything back in its place, standing back to notice the cracked flaws in everything.

My dresser was hobbling on one leg, slanting to one side, most of the hangers in my closet were broken and crooked no matter how much tape I put on it.

I swept up most of the glass from the floor, and rewashed all the clothes because I can never be too sure with them. Who knows what else they could have done?

I don't remember sleeping last night. The only thing I recall was staring at the wall blankly for hours. The thoughts in my mind were either racing at 100 miles per hour, or completely at a standstill.

There was no middle ground.

To recap: My step-sisters broke into my room, trashed all my personal items, stole my dress, blackmailed me and stole my phone.

The last one was a more recent development. They stormed back into my room as I was cleaning to make a big show to taking my phone so I couldn't tell anyone of their big evil plot.

"As if you had anything to tell." Emma smirked.

The bright side was that they didn't know my complicated password which was a bummer for them. It was nice to know at least some things were secure in my life.

Unless they disable it.

I wanted to text Edmon what happened because I was freaking out and didn't know what to do, or even how to react. I just can't believe they caught onto our friendship, I thought we were so discrete.

We slipped up- no I slipped up and Edmon is going to be the one who suffered. My life was already destroyed, but I won't let them ruin him, or Derric.

Oh Derric, what was I going to say? What could I say to him, I never sent the text or had the chance to explain, missed out on our runs for a few days and he probably thinks the worst of me.

He's not that off though because I'm the reason my mother left. I deprived my step-sisters the right to a mother and they hate me for it. All this time I thought it was for a stupid reason.

And now I'm going to suffer for the mistakes I made at age 5. Until then all I could hope for is a chance to talk to Derric first before they did because they could never keep a secret and not twist it.

Now it was the next morning and after a night of overthinking and no sleep I was in a trance like state. It was safe to assume I was still in shock, which explained my zombie-like.

I wished I was a robot, attuned to my routine and not feeling any emotions rather than feeling too much that it was impossible to sort them out. There were times of feeling nothing at all, and moments of surging emotions coming in full-force.

I make it to school and park in the furthest corner in the parking lot. I sit in the car for a minute after cutting the engine.

There were no words of encouragement I could give myself.

This day was going to be a tough one. There was just no way to prepare for the onslaught I know is coming.

With that depressing thought in mind I walk out of the car slinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking towards my doom.