Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

"So what happened after I left?" Edmon asks me sipping his coffee. We decided to have breakfast together next week. From across the table I wrap my hands around my warm mug of tea.

"Do you want the short version or the long version?"

He pretends to think about it. "Depends, are you going to reveal every single detail?"

"Of course." I say without skipping a beat.

"Then the short version." Edmon replies seriously. I tilt my head back and laugh. "You're out of luck buddy because you're going to get everything."

He sank back in his chair and sighed. "If you must." He said guesting with his hands for me to go on.

I smiled, glad we finally had time to hang out after a long week.

"We had a serious talk in the classroom and opened up to each other. I cleared things up between us and filled him in on things I've been withholding. He was really understanding and supportive."

"He's a regular Prince Charming." Edmon commented semi-sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his antics.

"It was actually nice to finally get my side of the story out and show him the part of myself I've always kept hidden."

"You guys made out in a classroom didn't you?" He asks casually.

"Wow." I say taking a sip of my tea. "That's irrelevant."

"But you didn't deny it!" He points out, my cheeks begin to redden and Edmon starts laughing.

"When is the food getting here?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Not soon enough." He managed to say in between laughs.

"I really hate you." I shake my head at his childish antics. "We both know that's not true." He assures me.

"You're lucky it's true." I cross my arms over my chest.

-----------

"Shall we get milkshakes?" I ask after we finished a hearty breakfast of pancakes and waffles. We couldn't decide between the two.

"Do you even have to ask?" Edmon says in faux-shock. I give him a flat look and flag down the waitress to give her the order.

"So how are things going with you and Derric in general?" He sobers up.

"It's actually going well. The long talk really opened things up between us and we've been on a few dates but it's still fairly new."

"What have you done so far?" Edmon was probably asking to waste time until the milkshakes came, but I didn't mind.

"There's still more we wanted to know about each other. First we went for a run at the park."

"Isn't that what you normally do, how is that a date?"

"It counts because we spent time together, it didn't matter what we did at that point. Now shut up and let me finish." I give him a pointed look. "We also went to a casual dinner date and ate burgers and fries, another time we went out for ice cream and later to the movies."

Out dates were casual and I had no complaints. It was fun and we spent time together, that was my only criteria. This was my first relationship and I wanted things to work out. The way we decided to tackle this together was to take things slowly.

My feelings for him were growing every day and I can't wait to see where the relationship goes next because it can only get better than this.

"It's nice to see you happy Adira."