John Deacon - The Job

Prompt:
"I... I might be in love with you and i'm terrified"
From: Gasterrific
Thank you!! x

John Deacon was the person you'd always go to. Good news or bad news, John would be the first to know and vise versa. When you landed your new job you obviously wanted to tell him. The place was an hour away from your home. You planned on commuting everyday by train but knew it would be costly.

You walked round to John's place, not bothering to call ahead of time due to your close friendship. Standing at the door, you knock three times and wait for him to answer. But no answer came.

Weird. It was Friday morning, John should be in.

You knock again, louder this time. After waiting for another 5 minuets or so the door swung open and your best friend stood in its entrance.

"Oh. (Y/N)."

"Hey, okay so-"

"Is this what I think it is?" He cut you off. He looked really tired and sighed, folding his arms before he broke eye contact, looking down at the floor as he did so. "That job."

"Yeah, it is," You answer hesitantly. Something was definitely off with your best friend. "John, is everything okay? You really don't seem-"

"So when are you leaving?" You frown.

"Leaving? I don't think I am."

"But you got the job, didn't you? You wouldn't have ran all the way here just to tell me you didn't get it." What he said made sense but the way he said it wasn't particularly nice.

"Well, yes I got it. But it's not like I have to move across the country to do it. I'll still be living here like normal." You explain, a frowning on your face. Surely, he knew that commuting was an option, you didn't have to move, it was just outside of the city.

He scoffs and lifts his head to look at you, a snide expression dancing across his face.

"After all of that? What's the point of it then?" he practically spits.

"The point?"

"Yeah. If you've got it, you said you'd be moving. So what's the deal?"

You didn't understand one bit, he wasn't making any sense. surely he didn't want you to move so why was he so angry? You'd I thought he'd of been happy for you, you'd just got the job that it worked tirelessly for. John was upset with you for getting a job that he knew you were applying for? Why was he not upset before?

"Wait... you're upset that i'm not leaving?" You feel baffled as you stand on the doorstep of your best friend who was being extremely uncharacteristic.

"Thought you would be. So anyway... I'm busy"

"Joh-"

"Just go, will you?" His voice broke a little bit and he put his hand on the door, as if he were about to close it. You guessed that he might just close it, given how hostile he was being.

"What?" Your face must be a picture right now, you're lost for words.

"You heard me, (Y/N), go home."

Completely and utterly confused, you struggle to find the words to retaliate. Was this a stupid joke? Was he pulling your leg?

"John, can we talk about what the hell is up with you? I'm not moving away, why do want me to so badly?" You laugh nervously.

"You said you were moving. Maybe that's better for all of us. I've got the band and you've got that job." He answered without missing a beat in the conversation.