Brian May and John Deacon - Soft Spot

where the heck have i been?
this might've been a request idk but it's in the notes so here we go!

-

"We have a situation!" The door to Elizabeth's office swung open as Freddie Mercury threw himself into the room. "Eliza, darling, there is a problem!"

Of course, she reacted quickly and jumped to her feet and raced to the door. She was hot on Freddie's heels and he too darted from room to studio.

"Oh, don't be so fucking ridiculous!"

Hot Space was causing one too many problems for everyone. Brian and John in particular. The two hadn't always clashed but Brian seemed to have an issue with John taking on a more involved role in the band. And John had a problem with everything Brian said or did in regards to the album.

"What's going on?"

"Liza tell him!" John pointed like a child in Brian's direction.

Brian scoffed and folded his long arms together, pacing the room and shaking his head in frustration. He'd kept his temper since Elizabeth entered the room but who knew how long that would last.

"They've been at it all morning. I suggested they have a fist fight." Roger spoke up from his chair, he had a cigarette in his mouth, making the words come out slurred. The smoking drummer didn't seem all that moved by what was happening in the room, in fact he seemed calmer than any of them. For once.

"I suggested they have ravenous hate-sex but they weren't having that either."

"Neither of you are making this any better, you know." Brian barked at his band mates.

"We know." Roger answered and exhaled a cloud of smoke that might as well have told Brian to piss off.

"Sorry about the noise, Eliza, you can just go back to work, we're fine in here." Brian attempted to diffuse in his own way.

"Clearly not." She looked between the two men, both of them were red in the face and could not convince even the most naive person that either of them were 'fine'. She hadn't have thought the calmest and shyest members of the band would have such tempers.

"Well, we will be when John gets his head out of his arse and-"

"As if you can say that. You're the one crying about the lack of mediocre guitar solos," The venom in John's voice shocked everyone into silence and Brian's mouth hung open slightly.
Seeing the looks he was getting made John sigh.
"Okay, I'm sor-"

"You say that like bass is even the slightest bit important." Brian hissed.

"Oh, you fu-"

Roger, who had stood and paced over to his drum kit, decided now was the moment to smash his drumstick into his cymbal. The crash shut them up. He laughed at his own action but didn't say a word. Instead Freddie spoke up.

"Listen darling, I hoped you'd calm things down a little. So Liza, would you please talk John down?" Freddie quickly asked as he gently nudged you towards John.

"Why John? Surely it'd be more effective if she spoke to Brian?" Roger piped up from across the room.

"Trust me, blondie-"

"No seriously, Fred, Brian's always had a soft spot for our girl over here." Rog emphasised certain words to give them more meaning, causing Brian to go red and frown.

Freddie scoffed.

"Don't be ridiculous! It's John who has the soft spot for her."

The bassist copied Brian's embarrassment but said nothing. Neither of them said anything.