George Harrison - Confusion

Request from drum-gal
Thank You!:)

You and your family were very proud of Rich when The Beatles began to go big. Your parents were so supportive of both of you. Rich was the first born and so of course he was adored. And you were adopted as your mother had always wanted a girl.

After spending 13 years in the care system, you were finally with your family.

Though Rich wasn't home very often anymore, he was still your brother and one of the funniest and kindest people you knew. He never mentioned his family to the media that much in hopes that there would be some privacy. Your Mother had told you that Rich would let you visit if you wanted to see London. You'd agreed and now you were staying with him.

"So err, don't tell mum yet but I've been seeing this girl. I was thinking of introducing her to you lot over Christmas. Her name's Maureen."

"You thinking about settling down?" You asked.

The two of you were sitting outside his London home. It was surprisingly warm out, the sun was shining and everything was peaceful.

"I suppose so, doesn't sound too bad, does it?" He shrugged

"Well it's about time, you're what? 24? Maybe you can give mum the grandchildren she needs." You had your papers scattered across the garden table you sat at. It was wise to take them with you as medical school was a non stop effort and you needed to get in. Rich didn't have a problem with you studying while visiting him; he knew your exams were soon and then you'd be on your way to becoming a doctor.

"I don't know about that. Listen, I was going to ask the lads if they wanted to come round, you're okay with meeting them, aren't ye?" He asked.

"Yeah; your house, your rules. Your famous friends don't scare me." So he invited them; now it was just a matter of if they would come.

About an hour later there was a knock on the door that Rich went to answer, he came back into the garden with a taller boy following him. His mop of brown hair didn't fully hide his dark brow and eyes but it obstructed them.

"(Y/N), this is George."

"Hi." You shook his hand and he smiled. He was good looking, your age or maybe a little older, dark hair and dark eyes.

"Hello." He looked at you for a few seconds as he leant over to shake your hand. The introduction was brief and cordial before he turned back you your brother. "So, John and Paul said they might come round later but they're writing. You know how it is."

"D'ya want a drink? I've not got a lot in but I have your usual?"

"Yeah, go on then, thanks."

Rich disappeared into the house and you kept your head in your work, too worried about awkward encounters to be polite. The sooner you finished what you had set out to do, the sooner you could finish for the day.

George sat down on the chair across from yours, leaning on the table.

"What're you reading?" His accent was more Scouse than you or your brother. Yours was hardly noticeable, Ringo's was quite prominent but this guy's was even more so. You'd only heard him speak a few sentences but that much was obvious.

"Oh, it's school work." You looked up at his curious face.

"Still in school? Thought you looked a bit older than that... I'm joking. Uh- university, I'm guessing? Isn't it summer break?" He stuttered slightly and fumbled when he realised he wasn't coming across clearly at all.