Brian May - Little Sister

Prompt:
"I have a feeling we should kiss"
"Is that a good feeling or a bad one?"
From:
ravenclaw0312
Thank you! x

-

You were close with Queen. It was a weird kind of close because you had ties to them all.

John was someone you'd known all your life. Mainly because he was your brother. He was the reason you'd met the band in the first place. Freddie was a good friend who loved you and tried to involve you as much as possible, seeing as you were somewhat introverted. Roger was kind of an ex. You had a 'thing' back before Queen blew up. It wasn't deep and neither of you had proper feelings for the other, so it just fizzled out. He was quick tempered and didn't really like seeing you with anyone else. Apart from that, he was a brilliant friend.

And Brian. Well, he was kind and clever and good to you. You liked Brian. A lot. But you couldn't tell him. One, because these were probably unrequited feelings. Two, because of your history with the temperamental Roger Taylor. And three, because... well, you're John's little sister.

During studio time the boys would argue a lot and today was no exception.

"Fuck off! It sounds good!"

"Roger, we're all hearing it but you. You're still playing bum bum bum bubububum tsst, alright? It doesn't bloody fit!"

"Fred, I'm not being funny but this is the worst song you've ever fucking written. The least of your concerns should be what I'm doing with the beat. Focus on the shit lyrics."

"Actually, Deaky wrote it." Freddie threw the blame into John's lap.

"And I think it's good." He defended.

"Yeah, you would think that, you don't know your bass from your arse."

"Pack it in, Rog. It's not the song that's the problem, you and Brian can't stay with me and Fred, you keep trying to slow down. Fucking stop it and maybe it'll sound better." John rarely had a temper but Roger and Brian brought out some white hot rage in him.

It was always like this. Deaky and Freddie vs Brian and Roger. Until it was Roger vs Brian. That happened sometimes.

"What are you taking jabs at me for?" Brian finally spoke up.

"Because it's true!"

You hear them before you see the rowdy group of men. The screaming basically ricochets around the entire studio, Roger being the loudest, as usual. You were carrying some lunch for them, maybe that would calm them down. Deciding to wait for the scream match to finish you wait at the side of the room, against the wall.

"It's not a good song!"

"How would you know, you can't even play it right. You haven't even given it a chance," John sighed and lowered his voice, as if he were about to try and get Roger to see reason. But that didn't last long. "You don't give anything a chance, which it's quite rich considering the shit you've written before, isn't it?"

"Yeah well, I want to spread my wind and fly away from your bullshit, mate."

"Hello darling." Freddie interrupts. You grin at the lead singer as he notices you.

"Fighting again?"

"Oh, hiya love." Roger greets, pushing his hair out of his face and calming a little.

"You alright, (Y/N/N)?" John smiles, looking exhausted. You nod and walk over to your brother. You had always been close with John but since he moved out of the family home and was so busy with the band, you saw him less and less. Soon, you might hardly see him at all and you dreaded thinking of that.