Joe Mazzello - Workplace Nightmare - Part 2

This was requested!
Hope you enjoy:)

-

The following day (Y/N) was back at work. She had slept on Joe's sofa after a 20 minute argument about who was going to sleep in the bed. He was adamant she should get the bed. (Y/N) was happy enough to be warm and not sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

After travelling to work with Joe and his awful habit of singing in the car, she had been greeted by Ben and Lucy more or less as soon as she entered the building, followed by a cautious Joe.

He had been treated completely different since (Y/N) had lost her job. Of course, he had. The guys were of the opinion that he was a jumped up prima-donna who disrespected crew members, why would they want to spend time with him? Obviously they all saw each other on set, being civil enough but the chemistry and friendship seemed to be slipping away. It was his own fault.

"(Y/N)! You're here! What's-?" Ben trailed off noticing that she was with Joe.

"I have my job back."

"Really? Oh, that's great!!" Lucy cheered, eyeing Joe slightly after she offered her a big smile.

(Y/N) could see him shifting uncomfortably, not knowing whether to speak or just let the situation play out.

"I'm staying at Joe's for a while, until I can afford a better place to live." She explained, understanding the questionable looks on the Blonde's faces.

"Joe's? This Joe?" Ben asked, pointing to the man next to her.

"Don't act so surprised. I told you I would fix it."

Giving the three of them a little once over, she excused herself to get back to her much loved and missed work. Though she could hear the hushed dialogue as she walked away from them.

"So she's staying with you?" Ben asked.

Joe nodded slightly and shrugged.

"Are you two friends now then?" Lucy seemed less sceptical than Ben, she was open to the idea of everyone get along.

"Gwil is going to be very proud of you." The blonde lad elbowed Joe, who gave him a slightly uneasy smile and said very little else on the matter.

The three of them headed to set.

After a few hours of catching up with the new costumes that she had missed out on in the past two weeks, she found herself stitching a small rip in a pair of flared orange trousers that perfectly incapsulated the vibrant and intense fashion of the 70's. Joe was watching her concentrate and waited until she lowered the needle to announce himself, in case she pricked her finger.

"Hey." A voice interrupted the stitching.

"Hi Joe."

That was all the confirmation he needed. He grinned at her friendly greeting and comfortably bounced into the room.

"What're ya doin?"

"Just mending a little rip. This is why I always ask you to take things off carefully, custom costumes are unbearably delicate." She explained, squinting to see the needle into its position.

"Yeah..." He trailed off, remembering that was one of the things he'd complained that she 'nagged' about.

"All done." She put the equipment down and picked up the fluorescent trousers, hanging them up on a rack before checking the stitch once again, just to be sure.